Bus Bar Replacement Question...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDP

Reaction score
Hi guys:

one of the busses inside my console has cracked, and I would like to replace it before the electrical gremlins show up.

I have searched around here and have learned a lot - but I would love a sanity check. Here is what I am dealing with (below).

I presume this is a negative bus. I intend to replace it with a larger Blue Seas bus bar. Am I correct that I can separate the connections that have been doubled up on the original bar, and that I can attach them to any available space on the new bar? Any help before I do something horrible is very much appreciated!!

Paul

Attachments

• IMG_6509.jpg re-sized.jpg
    IMG_6509.jpg re-sized.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 1,205
Yup, straight replace and re-attach. That said, kill your battery switch while doing so. No issues with doubling up, all it really means though, is that 'if' you had to service that circuit in the field or while on the water, you'd also be killing power to the other device on that screw.

Now ... if it were me ... I'd get some liquid eletrical tape and coat both ends of those terminal connectors PRONTO! 2 or 3 thin coats is better than 1 thick one and WATCH where that stuff drips - tough to clean up after. I use a hair dryer to speed the curing.

Oh yeah ... ALL of my leads - postive or negative are clearly labeld with what they go to or feed to. Sometimes the label is placed BOTH on the lead itself and then next to its screw on the buss bar.

Nothing like knowing what circuit to check when you need to ... and fast!

Man, there are sooooooooooooooooooooooo many pictures of my boat's rigging that I could post here ... if only I had the time ;) !

Another thing you can consider is mounting two negative bars, with a wire between them. Then you can thin out your setup.

Dana

Wish I could keep enough hair so I could use a hair dryer

Same here :D

Whats the story behind the name Principal Reeler? Building principal?
I'm currently working on my sixth year in educational leadership.

Hi, Bryan !

You guessed correctly :D . I spent 12 years in school administration...retiring from my principal's position in '04. Started as a sub and worked my way up in the same public school system here in MA. Actually, it was a second career as I was in marketing for a multinational corp. based in Boston for 20 years.

I loved every minute of my education career and glad that I made the switch. But I gotta tell ya...on my last day, I hung a VERY LARGE sign on my office door, with VERY, VERY LARGE letters that said, GONE FISHIN' :lol: :wink:.

I hope you, too, have a rewarding career working with kids...they're the best :!:

Back