• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Buying a new Parker 2320 Pilot House Boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angus

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I just boat a new 2320 Pilothouse Parket. The dealer who still has the boat said he has never heard of putting a leaning post, live well combo in the stern, back of the boat? I see pictures of this all the time. I do understand and have seen the fuel tank is right below the decking, but how is this being done on other boats, but can't be done on the 2014? My first thought was it just has a drain to drain, but there has to be a way to get water to it through the pump, etc. Any suggestions? Thanks to all. Bobby

I know it is possible to add a 30 gallon livewell on the port side beyond the Pilothouse door swing, and a second station on the starboard either attached to the Pilothouse or midship on the deck. I have never seen a leaning post on the deck on a Pilothouse.

You see leaning posts on center consoles, but not on the back of pilot house style boats.

The problem i see mounting one is accessing the underside fasteners depending on where you want to put it and how wide it is.

Imo, your passengers will appreciate a couple bean bags much more than a leaning post.

file.php

I had it on my boat and loved it. I added the rocket launcher later since it didn't come with it. That's the leaning post from an 1801 model. There is simply an access hole cut into the floor under the post and the drain line was run to the transom where I had a thru hull going through the transom with a shutoff valve. The supply line was run from a livewell pump mounted on the seacock in the bilge also. The lines were all run over the top of the tank. Should be very easy to do.

Angus, this exactly what I wanted to put in my 2120, and now that I have moved up to a 2320 will definitely move it up on the project list. The only problem I see is if you should need to acces the fuel tank and/or sending unit it would be right over the access hatch, but that hatch would also provide wire and hose passage straight back to the accessory and battery compartment.

Bigk23surf, thanks for sharing the picture it speaks for its self.

RumRunner":c3iaf2zs said:
I know it is possible to add a 30 gallon livewell on the port side beyond the Pilothouse door swing, and a second station on the starboard either attached to the Pilothouse or midship on the deck. I have never seen a leaning post on the deck on a Pilothouse.

Thanks for your comments!

bigk23surf":20bzv25v said:
file.php

I had it on my boat and loved it. I added the rocket launcher later since it didn't come with it. That's the leaning post from an 1801 model. There is simply an access hole cut into the floor under the post and the drain line was run to the transom where I had a thru hull going through the transom with a shutoff valve. The supply line was run from a livewell pump mounted on the seacock in the bilge also. The lines were all run over the top of the tank. Should be very easy to do.

Thanks for sending that! Just what I was talking baout, thanks for some info on the how to. Angus

Chief C":ihua4quz said:
Angus, this exactly what I wanted to put in my 2120, and now that I have moved up to a 2320 will definitely move it up on the project list. The only problem I see is if you should need to acces the fuel tank and/or sending unit it would be right over the access hatch, but that hatch would also provide wire and hose passage straight back to the accessory and battery compartment.

Bigk23surf, thanks for sharing the picture it speaks for its self.

Thanks so much! Great info from everyone!

Latest posts

Back