Buying a new Parker 2320 SC.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msudigala

Reaction score
Just completed the build sheet with dealer. Dealer tells me 3 to 4 months. Getting most options from factory, maxing out the horsepower. Enjoying the informative posts. I live here in Florida. This will be my first parker. I've owned a Robalo and 2 Gradywhite boats in the past. All CC's. Looking forward to getting some protection from the elements. I make long runs out to the Florida Middle Grounds, have been caught in some nasty weather. I do have one question for now. What are some thoughts on Auto pilot. Never used before. Thanks

Just completed the build sheet with dealer. Dealer tells me 3 to 4 months. Getting most options from factory, maxing out the horsepower. Enjoying the informative posts. I live here in Florida. This will be my first parker. I've owned a Robalo and 2 Gradywhite boats in the past. All CC's. Looking forward to getting some protection from the elements. I make long runs out to the Florida Middle Grounds, have been caught in some nasty weather. I do have one question for now. What are some thoughts on Auto pilot. Never used before. Thanks
The cabin feels super protected, it's almost like sitting inside a truck (vs riding a motorcycle - in open bow), it is remarkable.

I'm on the list for AP install with one of the best outfits here in NJ (Octopus), so I'm very curious, never had one before.

--

Looking forward to the pilot house, Will consider AP in the future. A company the dealership uses comes to your home and installs. Im trying to figure the total miles of vessel with full tank of fuel(137). I will be getting the parker (2022) 2320 with F300. I thinking around 275 to 300. Is this an accurate estimation.

Just installed the Garmin Reactor 40 with Smart Pump V2. So far I’m like “wow should have done this long time ago”.

Looking forward to the pilot house, Will consider AP in the future. A company the dealership uses comes to your home and installs. Im trying to figure the total miles of vessel with full tank of fuel(137). I will be getting the parker (2022) 2320 with F300. I thinking around 275 to 300. Is this an accurate estimation.

Congrats on the new build!

Depends on you and how you drive the boat, how heavy the boat is loaded down, and the sea state. When it kicks up fuel economy starts to diminish, but you probably know this based on owning other boats.

I like to follow the rule of 1/3's. 1/3 of my fuel to get to the fishing grounds, 1/3 to get back, 1/3 reserve just in case. Following this rule and loaded heavy (50 gallon bait tank full, 400 pounds of ice, 3-4 guys, plus all the gear) I estimate about 60 (maybe 70) miles one way is my safe range. I could maybe push it further, but yet to do so and not worth it in a 23' foot boat IMO.

Man, you are going to love your new boat. The autopilot is a very nice feature. It will save your fatigue on long offshore days. Did you get the 2nd helm bulkhead mounted in the cockpit? I use mine every trip.

Yes, I have determined that 260 miles is my comfortable range. If I find myself needing more range, I would consider a 50 gallon ATL fuel bladder on the deck.

Regarding the Auto Pilot, the Simrad AP44 is a great choice. You don't need to have the same brand as your GPS/Plotter. They can interface with one another. I have the Garmin GPS/Plotter and they work great. Easy to use.

A-K....I felt the same as you when I installed the Auotpilot. I also said" how'd I go without one of these for so long?"

Reactions: A-K
My first boat was a 2120 with autopilot. Just purchased a 2320 will be installing the autopilot this weekend.

I had a buddy install mine (he’s a installer at a local boat building company). We came to agreement on the cost. Looking back not that hard, but I wasn’t familiar with hydraulics and fittings. But I’m glad that I did use him.

Back