Cat's New Home

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for over a year for one of these boat storage barns to become available. Very happy to have one. Maybe this winter I can shine mine up like Capt Kevin's Megabyte and then be able to keep it that way? Sometimes it's the little things in life that make you happy, LOL. :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 258
Yep, although I only have literally a few inches to spare on the height once inside. Have wheel chalks set up so the end of the trailer tongue is just inside the doors when closed. I have about 10' extra behind the boat for storage though. Now I can store her with the windows open, with the screens closed of course. Should help with the moisture big time.

nice shawnee: congrats.
With my recent 2830 purchase, I knew she would be wet slipped. I initially thought I would keep her in an uncovered slip at our local Florida Yacht Club. but, after nearly $4000 in gel coat repair work, she looks brand new. I opted to spend the extra $100/ month and keep her at another one of our local marinas that has COVERED wet slips… I am in florida; that UV is so strong and destructive to our gelcoat, that it is WELL WORTH the extra coin to keep her covered away from the elements…added bonus: yes, keeping the windows cracked for better cabin ventilation.
Nicely done, Sir!

PS RWP: I see you are in Spruce Head, Maine. I grew up in Camden, and my sisters both married lobsterman : one in Cushing, one in Friendship. I have two brothers that lobstered out of Rockland and a brother in law who keeps traps on Andrew Wyaths' private island, friends with homes on Islesboro and Vinylhaven. LOVE your neck of the woods: it'll always be dear to my heart.

Thanks Sydngoose, I saw your nice covered wet slip in your pics. Was thinking the same thing. The sun and weather are hard on a boat in general especially the Gel. In my case it's only $100 per year more than I was paying for it to sit outside. Needless to say, happy about that and a no brainier. I'm about 1.5 miles farther from the ramp than I was but it's right on the way as I come into Beaufort so not a big deal.

I hear ya RWP. I already forgot to lower it 1 time this year and smacked some tree branches with it. Luckily it didn't hit a big one and didn't break.

Brent":32qh39pb said:
Better had some insect and rodent protection

Moth Balls in 'tupperware' containers.
Leave them open in the off season and put the lids on and store them in season.
Keeps bugs and rodents away.

Back