Center console cover 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billyo

Reaction score
Any suggestions where I can get a center console and cooler seat cover for the 1801. Does Parker make them?

Parker probably sells them, but they almost certainly don't make them.

Your best bet is to check with canvas shops or sailmakers in your immediate area.
Covers like the ones you need are pretty easy for a canvas shop to make and they'd probably accomodate you pretty quickly.

Where are you located?

I'm in central Massachusetts. Plenty of local marine industry within a relatively short drive.

boondoggle":36xblmrw said:
Megabyte - who would you recommend in the Annapolis area? I have the same boat and need for a cover.

The people who did the drop curtains on my pilothouse were very good.

K&K Canvas
3025 Kent Narrows Way South
Grasonville, MD 21638
410-827-6030

My neighbor made mine and one for another neighbor with an 1801. His business is custom canvas and upholstery. He's also done covers for two others in the 'hood, a BW Montauk and a Mckee 17. We've all been overjoyed with the work and price. George has been doing custom work for over 20 years and last year went independent with his own business.

Captain Canvas
George Whitehead
1100 Blossom Parkway
Churchton, MD 20733
410-867-9497

Churchton's just north of Deale.
here's a pic with the cover shown. The Mckee is behind it.

Attachments

• at dock w-cover dec2006.jpg
    at dock w-cover dec2006.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 2,942
I bought a canvas center console cover from West Marine for my 21SE. They have three sizes I think. The seat isn't covered but I don't care about that as I can store the cushion inside the console. I don't remember how much but a lot cheaper than a custom one.

I had two custom Sunbrella covers made for the console and leaning post on my 23 SE. They were made by Almo Products in Millersville. I have been very pleased with the covers after 4 seasons. My boat sits on a lift in an exposed location from April to November. The only wear on the covers is bird poop from an agressive osprey who decided that my center console windshield would be his lookout perch for much of 2006. At the end of the year, I put the two covers in the washing machine, and they came out looking very good.

Attachments

• Resize of IMGP1388.JPG
    Resize of IMGP1388.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 2,848
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service doesn't have the same sense of humor you do. :?

I had to settle to sticking a plastic owl on one of the plastic guide posts for the lift. The owl did not scare him off but may have changed his preference for bathroom facilities. After I put the owl up in mid-July, I still got bird poop on the covers, but before that it was all over the boat. It was nasty enough to do a job on the gel coat in a few spots. :(

parker18":25g345td said:
Hey Burtona, what size did you get for your 21 console?

Can't remember for sure but I think it was the medium size. I measured the console and got the size large enough to fit over it.

Latest posts

Back