Chesapeake Bay 4-30-2012

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceblizzard

Reaction score
Since I had to work the night shift, my Wife and I took a quick trip during the morning to catch our supper. Left out of Crisfield, Md. and ran across the bay to the mouth of the Patomac River. Very little boat traffic other than an ocasional sailboat. Drop the first line in way back, set the drag and put the pole in the rocket launcher. Reached up for the next pole to put it out and wham, Fish On! Got him in the boat. 32 incher. Set the other 8 rods out but took a little over an hour before we caught the twin to the first one. Lots of bait and good marks. Both fish caught just north of #65 bouy in about 50 feet of water. Wife did a nice job handling the boat while I put out the rods.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

Attachments

• April 30, 2012 Fishing.jpg
    April 30, 2012 Fishing.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 210
Charlie,

Nice rockfish, I bet you both enjoyed a great dinner. Now more importantly, how is it you got the wife on the boat let alone fish and take the wheel? Does she have a sister?

Congratulations on the catch, nicely done.

I tell ya, my Wife loves to go fishing. Now that I have this cabin boat, she has a place to get in out of the cold, and a place to lay down. She prefers that I run the boat, but ocasionally I'll need her to sit in the pilot's seat while I'm tending to the spread. We went out again yesterday afternoon for a few hours. Much better conditions than the previous trip. Went to the same spot and only picked up one keeper. I feel as if most of the bigger fish have left the Bay. She can't wait for when we start bottom fishing and jigging in a couple of weeks. There has been very few times that I have gone without her.

Charlie
Eden, Maryland

Back