Christmas Parkers 2012

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lklandpier

Reaction score
Good times with great friends and great boats!

Attachments

• parker 2012.JPG
    parker 2012.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 393
  • parker christmas.JPG
    parker christmas.JPG
    336.4 KB · Views: 317
  • Parker christmas1.JPG
    Parker christmas1.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 393
  • parker christmas2.JPG
    parker christmas2.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 393
  • Parker christmas3.JPG
    Parker christmas3.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 393
Great pics boats look great! Looks like an awesome time

Id love to do something like that up here in CT , problem is our boats have to come out so damn early!

lklandpier":3g10nx41 said:
We actually use our Parkers more in the winter than in summer months. We love the warm ride in the pilot house :)

I hear ya but you guys don't get over a foot of snow ice. i need to move south!

miky2884":1egb8z1i said:
Id love to do something like that up here in CT , problem is our boats have to come out so damn early!

Mike... is that because of the marina operators?
Do they actually pull the docks from the water, or is it just their idea of 'season' that limits you?

My marina does allow boats to stay in all year, but they shut the water off between Nov 1st and May 1st. Not by temp, by the calendar. :(
They do have a few ice-eaters that they put in the water, but they just don't have enough to cover all of the slips.

I pull mine around the 1st week in Dec. Gives me the opportunity to work on some projects while she is on the hard.

Kev its both, there are a few Marinas that will allows boats to stay in all year round, (the bigger marinas that accommodate the bigger boats ) the smaller marinas usually want boats out by December 1st. Water usually goes off November 1st. they usually dont pull the docks out but they move them into the basins and tie them off. If it gets cold enough early in the season we usually have to deal with the back estuary's icing up around the beginning of January.

Most of us usually pull when black fish season dies off, usually around December 1st sometimes a week later, problem up here is if we get a cold snap and it doesn't break all the ramps ice up and than its a real pain in the ass to get the boats out.

here is a pic of an early December snow storm that dumped about 18 inches of snow on us two years ago.
(Kenny Chesneys old blue chair in front of our house)

sorry lklandpier not trying to hijack your thread.

Attachments

• Picture 045.jpg
    Picture 045.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 376
No problem. Move on down south and we will build you one of our boathouses to hang your Boat. Then you can do away with the marina rules as well as the ice :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0457 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0457 (Small).JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 365
Id love to move down South, wouldn't have to deal with this. and one of those boat houses would be ideal!

Attachments

• Winter Frame.JPG
    Winter Frame.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 360
lklandpier":4a2d6vat said:
No problem. Move on down south and we will build you one of our boathouses to hang your Boat. Then you can do away with the marina rules as well as the ice :lol:

Dang that boat house is nice. 8)

Back