Clamp on rod holders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Speeder

Reaction score
What's up fellas, I would like to add some clamp on rod holders to the grab rail over the cc of my 1801. I would like them to match the rod holders that are on the back of the leaning post as closely as possible. I think I remember reading that the post was made by Taco, so I would assume that Taco clamp ons are the way to go?

Does anybody know if using clamp ons will damage the rail should I decide to take them off down the road?

Thanks!

I added some C.E. Smith aluminum rod holders to my 1801. They are very close to the OEM leaning post holders. I purchased them online from Hodges Marine. They were in the $60 - $70 range including shipping. They stock both vertical and horizontal mounts for various pipe sizes. You can actually see a picture of them on my boat in the "Introduce 'Yourself" section....just search Inshore Chaser.

Still looking for any additional input?

I emailed Parker a while back asking if they could clarify who makes the leaning post for the 1801 and received no response. Anybody know if it is in fact made by Taco?

I ordered a set made by Amarine off amazon and while they were super cheap, and do look nice, their is no rubber on the inside of the clamp. I don't watch to damage the rail I plan to mount them on. I am going to look for some type of rubber tubing to go over the rail. Is this going over board or am I right to think that steel on steel is a bad thing?

I bought 4 CE Smiths off of Amazon to add on top off my pilot house
6c3e8db210f726b4af1644154f99aeb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same as pictured above, makes life easier when going tuna fishing with a lot of gear

Back