Classic Pilot Chair Cushions & Covers

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeBird3

Reaction score
Hello Salty Dogs! I have a 1998 Parker 1801 CC with the older swivel pilot chairs. [email protected]
has informed me that they no longer manufacture this style of chair. I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find replacement cushions and covers for these seats. I could buy the new flimsier Wise chairs, but I'd like to see if I can preserve the more sturdier molded Parker seats. I have attached photo below.

IMG_2623.JPG

I think this is it:
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/wise-seating--standard-pilot-chair-cushion-set-only--17096090
If the piping at the seam wasn't cracked I'd suggest using the vinyl paint for a budget fix. I spent about $100 on SEM paint and followed all the prep steps and had good results on all four cabin seats. Only about 4 months since I did it but they're holding up well so far. First pic is when I bought it, second after cleaning and third after 4 light coats of paint.
IMG_5469.jpgIMG_4272.jpgIMG_5469.jpgIMG_4272.jpgIMG_4275.jpg

Nicely recovered! Does the paint act like a stain, and get absorbed into the material?
I don't think so. I think it's essentially just flexible paint so the prep and adhesion promoter is key. I've heard of using clear coat as a last step but I didn't do it, just allowed a long dry time and used 303. Here are the steps I kept in my notes so I could reproduce the results if needed:
Clean 100% w diluted simple green and scotch brite pad
rinse w water and allow to dry 24 hrs
paint prep spray (grease and wax remover)
light tack cloth
two light coats adhesion promoter
4 light coats vinyl paint

They look great. It's always nice to have another option. I think my wife would be interested in that paint also for her projects.

Hello Salty Dogs! I have a 1998 Parker 1801 CC with the older swivel pilot chairs. [email protected]
has informed me that they no longer manufacture this style of chair. I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to find replacement cushions and covers for these seats. I could buy the new flimsier Wise chairs, but I'd like to see if I can preserve the more sturdier molded Parker seats. I have attached photo below.

View attachment 33354
This might be worth a try, before spending the $$ on new seat cushions.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how...e&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_2SSrYtm2Hr2HwbkPtYug-A424

I don't think so. I think it's essentially just flexible paint so the prep and adhesion promoter is key. I've heard of using clear coat as a last step but I didn't do it, just allowed a long dry time and used 303. Here are the steps I kept in my notes so I could reproduce the results if needed:
Clean 100% w diluted simple green and scotch brite pad
rinse w water and allow to dry 24 hrs
paint prep spray (grease and wax remover)
light tack cloth
two light coats adhesion promoter
4 light coats vinyl paint

I wonder how white Flex Seal would compare? I recently learned a friend with a SeaRay who keeps it wet slipped uses FS on his outdrives. No growth. He said it works better than bottom paint. Color me surprised.

Back