ClassicParker Annapolis Rendezvous #2

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megabyte

Reaction score
Ya gotta love boat dogs, and Joe-da-dog was very protective of the girls. :)
Check out this 'rescue'... :wink:

Image-60C092E948F111DC.jpg

Image-60C1198448F111DC.jpg

Image-60C145EE48F111DC.jpg

And then we had Boondoggles dog... :)

Image-805BF45848F311DC.jpg

He made me tired he swam so much! :shock:

Of course... we "talked boats" and I got to see the 24x9 Bennett trim tabs Capt John Deering had on his 23SE.
According to Capt John, he can have the Baltimore Ravens backfield on one side of the boat and still level her out with these tabs. :wink:

Image-805C4F0048F311DC.jpg

Stay tuned for part 3! :D

Timbo":stselot7 said:
Capt John has ALL the cool stuff on his boat! :lol:

I wish I'd gotten a shot of his helm area...
Dang thing looked like the pilots seat of the space shuttle. :)

Yep....boat dogs are great and look so at ease in the water. But how do you folks get your large dogs back into your boat? We've got a 2 year old Golden Retriever that takes to the water like a fish. I don't see how the physics of lifting a 65 lb. water logged retriever over the transom of my 2120 would work. Our last boat was simple, as it was a cruiser and had a full width swim platform molded into the transom. Once I got her front paws (actually, our golden we had before this one) onto the swim platform, easy enough to leverage her back end up and she'd just walk back into the boat. On the Parker, I've only got the swim step and closed transom. Any suggestions?

John

Gunner is my black lab pictured above and he enters my 18 in the exact you described for your previous boat. Once he gets his paws on the ladder platform, I grab his collar and help him up and over the transom. This is pretty much the method we use when duck hunting except his neoprene vest has a handle sewn in.

I'm sure training with Gunner made it easier once he got the idea of what's going to happen. The swim step seems like a small patform for our golden, and at just 2 years old she's still a handful to deal with even on dry land. But, something to work with her on that I think she'll enjoy if she can get the hang of it.

Thanks for the tip

I found that site a few months ago. Sent them an email with the dimensions they asked for and a photo of my transom thinking I can get something custom and a bit longer than their stock ramp. They never got back to me. Figured I'd try to build something myself but just haven't been able to get to it.

John,

Practice with her on dry land before you ever try the water. Gunner made a hundred or better dry runs with the duck boat parked in the driveway before we hit the water. With enough reps, it'll be automatic for your pup.

I'll do it at her pace and not get her into a problem situation. I use a PetStep ramp to get her into the back of the SUV, so walking up and down a ramp is not a problem for her. She tore her CCL and had TPLO surgery to fix it back in the fall. She's fully recovered and it certainly hasn't slowed her down any. I was hoping a ramp up to the transom would be similar enough that she could deal with it. I was going to try and modify a PetStep with floats and anchor it from the transom, so that at least that would look familiar to her.

However we try it, if we do, her safety comes first.

Of course... we "talked boats" and I got to see the 24x9 Bennett trim tabs Capt John Deering had on his 23SE.
According to Capt John, he can have the Baltimore Ravens backfield on one side of the boat and still level her out with these tabs

It was a little choppy heading back to Middle River but the 24 x 9 Bennetts on the 2510 really did the trick. Best investment ever made!

Anthony

Back