Cockpit awning

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rwp48

Reaction score
My wife and I are already dreaming of being back in Maine aboard our Parker. We want to make some kind of awning to provide shade when we are at anchor. Not interested in being able to use it when we are running so a Bimini top isn't really what we want. I'm thinking about a Sunbrella awning fastened to the aft end of the pilothouse roof in a track, held up with poles set in the aft rod holders. Obviously, this would only be for those hot, windless days.

I'd love to hear everybody else's ideas.

Randy, I read your post and saw that you really didn't want something like mine but I thought I'd share it with you anyway, if for nothing else than maybe it will give you some ideas. I did use the trac system to attach to the cabin. I love my set up as it give me shade in the cabin and where I put my deck chairs and it's rock solid. All my attachment points are spring loaded quick release type so the whole top can be removed in 2 minutes. My dodger has a zip out for access to my rod holders. I looked at the ones Jim posted and they are also a nice idea. Both types have their drawbacks. In Maine I can see why a perminant type Bimini may not be needed but in NC I really like having the perminant shade.

Attachments

• IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    266 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 377
We have a taylor Anchor shade for our boat. Works great! stores away in a bag, easy to put up.

http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/anchorshade/

Here it is on my old boat...

9059-albums132-picture14283.jpg

Back