Cockpit canopy for overnighting

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Reaction score
Has anyone done something nice with their cockpit canvas? I am looking to make an enclosure that will allow me to sleep two or three DRY on the rear deck while fishing the islands.

Thanks,

Rick
"Sniper"
Parker 2320

Haven't tried a cover but I put a 9'x9' 4-man tent in my cockpit for my nephews to sleep in and they LOVED it! Could even fasten the waterproof fly to the under-gunnel attachment points like the Lee rod holders and such.

I bet I could have run the boat on plane with it up and installed ;) !

Permanent or temporary?
We saw some pics of a boat in Florida with a nice cover we were thinking about duplicating, but we opted for something smaller that we could still cast from.
If you like it, we have more pics.

Attachments

• 1674269_1.jpg
    1674269_1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2,379
I would love to see some pictures of that set up. Why does he have the crash bar around the engine?

thanks

Interesting... Look how far back that rear station is situated. Lots further back than 'factory'.
I like it. :)

It's also not a factory rear station setup. The factory puts the wheel on top of the pedistal and the motor controls on the slant towards the rear.
That boat has the controls situated like mine (which I sourced from a C-Hawk).

Image-0B02B4E859B911DC.jpg

Cool boat. :wink:
Do you have more photos?

captbone":28jb20vs said:
Why does he have the crash bar around the engine?

Interesting... I don't see a Sampson post for towing and the guard around the motor is too low to be a towline guard (the cowl is still too exposed).

A guard to keep his motor off of gill or pound net poles maybe?

Here are the other pics of the canopy set-up.

Attachments

• 1674269_11.jpg
    1674269_11.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2,247
  • 1674269_15.jpg
    1674269_15.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 2,247
  • 1674269_18.jpg
    1674269_18.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 2,247
How do you get to the rocket launchers in front of the canopy?
If you are climbing on the gunnell and reaching over, what do you do with a big fish on the line? How do you get the rod down?
Looks like a bad design from the rocket launcher use-ability standpoint.

Just noticed the sampson post in the last photo.
The guard around the motor is protection from the tow hawser.

Would love to know the story of that boat.

With what he has, post, engine protection, Channel 16 VHF lettering on the cabin side, he probably does some towing.

Dana

I like the top and like the rear station so far aft.

The tow post is not done well at all. It is way too high, if you are not careful you can easily trip that boat over while doing a degrounding.

I would also put the rear supports on the corners.

I like the idea though. That Florida sun is laser hot!

Sniper,
I bet you're not looking for a bullet proof set up like on the boat shown on this post. It's a nice set up, but over kill IMHO. Any good canvas shop can make you what you want. I'm guessin' the cost would be under $2000. I have an Albin 27 with camping canvas. If I can post a picture I will. I have this boat for sale, otherwise I'd replace the canvas, and have the back come straight down , rather then the 45ish* it drops now. My cost here in NJ was $1500 to replace the canvas, new bows too. It will require a bunch of snaps be installed. Some owners don't care for the holes.

Attachments

• Camping Canvas.jpg
    Camping Canvas.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 2,066
Tony,
Where did you get the canvas done at. I was thinking of going halfway back on my 2520 for those late November/December trips. Also do you work in Jackson?
FTPD

Yep, SGT. on the PD in Jackson.
The boat came with the canvas. Over on fisher blvd in Brick is a place called Convery Canvas. He'll make what you want.

Back