Cockpit Deck Non-Skid Re-Do DIY Tutorial

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job Dale

I agree with Dale and Megabyte on using diluted bleach and allow the solution stand for 20 -30 minutes before removing. Several applications will be necessary due to biofilm formation. Adding an ounce of vinegar (acetic acid) to the bleach solution will help kill off the mold.
As mention here several times, improve ventilation is important to control the mold and having a long lasting deck

Just hit me ....

y not put a 1.5" pvc/cyolac/abs/polmer bulk head fitting thru deck in corner under gunnel.....

Then put 1.5" male adaptor and length of pipe with a u-bend this way u get continuous venting and you wont trip over pipe !!!!!! and it will be out of sight ......???

ReelyNauti":3kr6kctl said:
Just hit me ....

y not put a 1.5" pvc/cyolac/abs/polmer bulk head fitting thru deck in corner under gunnel.....

Then put 1.5" male adaptor and length of pipe with a u-bend this way u get continuous venting and you wont trip over pipe !!!!!! and it will be out of sight ......???

Great idea.

Put a vent in each of the 4 corners of the 'pit (with bug screens on the pipe) and you should be good to go!

I use a small fan in the bilge and just crack the two rear compartments and the inspection hatch in the cabin. I get good ventilation and no mods. The fan also blows on the battery charger keeping it cool. The rear hatches are overlapping so no water gets in unless we get a hard driving rain. Same results but no real mods and also keeps moisture down in the cabin.

Back