cockpit sun shades for a 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been kicking around a few ideas on this one...

I'm thinking of a single solar panel, that will slide back off the PH roof, into the cockpit as needed, like a variably-retractable awning. This solar panel will be continually recharging my batteries, and powering blowers to vent and dry out my bilge, in addition to providing shade.

There's a hundred varieties of panels to choose from online. Sites like www.solarhome.org have a potpourri of solar panels and associated gear to choose from.

Anyone out there try solar panels on their Parkers yet?

cbigma":31oba8w5 said:
Anyone out there try solar panels on their Parkers yet?

Not yet, but I have considered adding a (removable) panel or two to my transom to keep my batteries topped off.
Thing is, I have AGM batteries, and they never need to be topped off! :)

Hmmm...

Maybe I should use the solar panel to recharge an iRobot Roomba to scrub my bilge, and give Capt. Kevin some competition. 8)

Hey, iRobot makes a floor-washing robot called a "Scooba" .....should work OK in a bilge,, no?

scooba.jpg

Now we're getting somewhere! :wink:

This would be the -only- way I could come close to the Megabyte's Tidy-Whitey Bilge!

Check out this thread from the now legendary Chesapeake Bay area rendezvous archives!

Chesapeake Bay 2006 Rendezvous Thread

On the second page there are a few great shots of varous Parker models with assorted awning and sunshade treatments.

The photo that Anthony posted DSCN1599 (Medium).JPG is a great "birds-eye view" of the various styles of sunshades. I'm sure if you find one that you are interested in we could identify the boat and get some more deatils on the rig.......

Looks like a Range Rover ready to head out on safari. One could put alot of gear up there.

NICE!! :!:

Latest posts

Back