cold weather boating

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkerman

Reaction score
This is the last thing that we need to be discussing here on the East cost. It is HOT. I was cleaning up a bit and found two packs of Ultra Warmers- a bean bag type one time use hand warmer for winter. Is it feasible to make a blanket out of this type of technology that you could keep on your boat in the event someone went over in the winter months. Something to use in an emergency to fight off hypothermia after a cold water rescue. Am I on to something or crazy>

If the environment and the victim were dry- at best it could help an emergency situation. Most of the ones I have seen are one time use-open the package(expose to air) shake it up and it will give off some heat for a while. You will be ripping open alot of packages-hoping they work-no guarantee.

A sleeping bag and body heat would work best for a life threatening situation. I think alot of guys, myself included, also use a small propane heater to stay warm inside the house during the winter.

Cold water and weather adds another dimension to our sport and if I actually sunk out there I would want an epirb,raft, survival suit and maybe some mount gay rum.....

Latest posts

Back