Columbia Alarm System

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ppem45

Reaction score
I ordered a Columbia 101 Boat Alarm System today and it's coming out of Montana so it will be some time before I start the installation. I was wondering if anyone here on CP has this system or one like it. I am open to any advice I can get as far as installation or placement of the magnets on hatches or windows. It also comes with two snap alarms to be attached on canvas snaps. I have the second station so I figured it would be nice to have that on the alarm system as well. So far, the people that have the system at my marina say it is a reliable system and not too bad of a price. I am looking forward to getting it installed just for a little more peace of mind.

MAKE CERTAIN that your marina operators and people who check up on your boat know its there. lots of marina owners will look out for peoples boats and jump aboard to fix a line in a storm, flip off the nav lights, etc, etc, and the same goes for "locals". also, if they hear the alarm and know you have one, they'll be quicker to get to your boat. it sounds counterintuitive, but the more people that know about it (to a point, of course), the better off you are.

I like the concept.

When you perform the installation, please document it for us along with the particulars on how it operates.

We had a Wellcraft 29 Coastal stolen from my marina last year and I've been weighing my options...

Back