Comfort of a Pilot/Ride of a CC

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheOtherLine

Reaction score
This boat is built in Gainsville, FL ( Go Gators! ) and is a certified Fish Killer. My associate has the CC version and that boats "slices" through the chop. The PH on this boat sits where the helm of a CC sits.

Attachments

• MiragePH (Small).jpg
    MiragePH (Small).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Pilothouse2 (Small).jpg
    Pilothouse2 (Small).jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Pilothouse3 (Small).jpg
    Pilothouse3 (Small).jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,032
  • Piothouse4 (Small).jpg
    Piothouse4 (Small).jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1,032
That general design has been getting popular with the CC crowd that is getting tired of being cold and wet.
Black Lab Marine and True World Marine are two companies that come to mind.

There is a charter boat with a similar design that goes out of Newburyport, MA:

JC_Walkaround_Pilot.JPG

Its a custom built JC.

More info here:

http://www.schoolsoutfishing.com

Its gone through a few design changes.. I first saw it in 2003 as a CC, but it might have been when they were first coming into the river to get the tower rigged. Sometime later they obviously went with the full pilothouse configuration.

-- Tom

Attachments

• schoolzout.jpg
    schoolzout.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 911
  • schoolzout2.jpg
    schoolzout2.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 911
I'm going to hazard a guess that the Capt is warmer, dryer, and a lot more happy with the latest design.

Maritime Skiff came out a few years ago with a 23' model with that layout. I recall seeing it at one of the boat shows.

Attachments

• voyager23a.jpg
    voyager23a.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 870
I'de take the cold and wet of a CC any day over being seen in one of those fugly things....

Oceanmaster just came out with pilothouse models for the 27,31 and 34 foot hulls. Not much to look at - but a hell of sea boat. They have pics on their website if anyone is interested. It would be nice for Parker to make a fish around pilot house like Contender or Typhoon.

i dunno... i like it and the custom JC that TomS put up.... real commercial-looking. professional. i like :)

now the Maritime skiff, that is one godawful ugly boat.... thing looks like a pregnant Boston Whaler. wouldnt catch me in one.

Back