Considerations or risks adding additional rod or cup holder?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Love my 2019 2520 XL. However, to make it a little bit more "mine" I'd like to add a cup holder next to the cockpit helm. The one aft of that always seems to have someone else's drink already when I'm trying to find a place. I was also looking to add an additional 60 deg rod holder forward of the existing forward holder; not for trolling more rods, but because its a better place to spike a rod for rigging, and if I am trolling, I can watch a rod forward of the helm easier. I'd also like one all the way aft for dead sticking an extra rod drifting for fluke, or anchored up for blackfish. Farther back keeps it farther away from the motor.

All that said, are there structural considerations I need to consider? I'm sure the gunnel contributes to overall structural integrity, so I want to make sure that a few extra holes aren't an issue; the cup holder is a good deal larger than a rod holder.

You can make a cupholder out of Starboard like this attached to the station...
751147e0a4416de08b7a4534240fc56a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You'll have absolutely no concerns/issues with adding 1 (or 10) more rod holders and cup holders in the washboards. When you drill make sure to seal the wood with a 5-minute epoxy before installing the rod holder/cup holder with silicon sealant.

Back