Considering buying new 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran an 1801 for four years and like everyone else I ended up upgrading to a 21SE. I loved the 1801, but its limited on size.... after a few years you will want the 21SE. Best of luck to you in the meantime.

It all depends on what you want and for what. After many years in a 25' boat, I opted for a new 1801 and have never looked back. She gets me to my fishing grounds (skinny water to 20 mi offshore) and back, pulls tubes, takes short trips to dinner all at a very economical operating cost. Yeah, there are those days of snotty water but that is what Gore-tex and white welly boots (aka Wanchese Bedroom Slippers) are for! By the way, you will get splashed in a 21' boat too! The extra ~$17k cost for a new 21' wasn't worth it for me... but that's me. With the description of what you said your purpose of use is, I am thinking you will be content. After all, it's a Parker, you can't go wrong! Have fun and enjoy!

Latest posts

Back