Cooler location on 2120?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidcochiese

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I just picked up JC's 2005 2120 and I'm a little puzzled where to put a fish cooler.
I would like to keep it out of the cabin, but I don't want to compromise the fishing deck. If you guys have any recommendations and pics to show I would appreciate it.
This 2120 is by no means the 25' you can put a coffin on that deck.. space is critical for me.. Thanks, Kidcochiese

Depends on how large a cooler you want to carry. If you get one with the optional pad on top, it can double as a seat for you and your guests. Just move it wherever it makes sense in the cockpit and relax! :wink:

Assume you are talking the 2120 SC as you mentioned the cabin. I've seen several in my area mounted on top of the cabin. A quality cooler with a seat cushion combined with a tuna tower is fairly common.

Check with Plattapus from Jamul here on CP, has some photos of his 2120 with a waist rail on top.

Do a search of his post on CP. There are a couple of pictures of it. Just commisioned a fabricator pal to build one for me somewhat of the same design.

When I purchased my 2120 last year there was a guy having a full tower installed on his with a soft top and a second helm.

Remove the splash gaurd and put a 162 qt igloo in it's place. At the boat show they have the splash gaurd removed and have installed a 150 qt cooler.

Bigeye has a good idea, especially since the new cochiesemobile has some transom risers if I remember correctly.

jim

Get rid of the splashguard... (thanks plattapuss for that idea)... it is much nice without the splash guard it adds a lot more space and never had any issues with water. I'd like to find a better way to store the coolers as well. With 2 large coolers on deck it starts to get tight.

23tuna_3.jpg

spashguard.jpg

THE BEST SOLUTION I HAVE FOUND FOR MY 2120 IS A KILL BAG. PLACED PORT OR STARBOARD ON DECK. IT KEEPS THE FISH COLD BETTER THAN A COOLER, HOLDS AS MUCH AS MY BOAT CAN HANDLE AND DOESN'T SEEM TO GET IN THE WAY LIKE A COOLER.

I PUT ON A MINITOWER/COOLER INSPIRED BY PLATAPUSS. IT IS GOOD FOR DRINKS, SNACKS AND AS AN OBSERVATION POST BUT DEFINATELY IS NOT A GOOD PLACE FOR BLOODY FRESH FISH.

DID ABOUT 250 HRS ON THE OPEN OCEAN THIS YEAR WITHOUT THE SPLASH GUARD AND HAD NO PROBLEMS. YOU WILL LOVE YOUR 2120.

Vulpinus":179u6rwm said:
Get rid of the splashguard... (thanks plattapuss for that idea)... it is much nice without the splash guard it adds a lot more space and never had any issues with water. I'd like to find a better way to store the coolers as well. With 2 large coolers on deck it starts to get tight.

23tuna_3.jpg

spashguard.jpg

What kind of tuna are those, assuming they are tuna? If not, what are they?

HAKR, That looks like the OJ Simpson Murder Scene

Thanks guys for the great advice. The only kick in the ass is the access port in the transom deck. The cooler would teeter on it and not sit flush. I guess I can purchase that "Cooler Stay" material, and cut out the access template. However I agree that's the best spot for her.
My other problem is that I need a very large cooler because I catch so many F'ing fish !!!!

KIDCOCHISE OUT !!!

And yes Jim I have very expensive, custom made transom risers. Chicks seem to dig them

Second thought, since I'm talking with the Pro's (I mean that sincerely)
I used to wash my Hydra-Sport down with a bleach/soap mix after fishing. Hydra-Sport has a white hull though. I'm concerned about Parker's off color hull. What would be the safest product to use. Again I'm consulting the Pro's. Dale I know you have some input.. Thanks again guys...KID

I use a mixture of Orpine boat soap (or orange Zep) and liquid bleach.
Liquid bleach won't harm the color of the gelcoat.

Scrub, let sit for awhile, and rinse lightly.
Any residual bleach will work with the sun to brighten the dirtiest deck.

Back