Cooler Placement Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbandit

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I have found a 2004 Parker 2120 that I am thinking about going and taking a look at. I would really want a 2320 but the funds are just not there at this moment and I happened to stumble across the 2120 so I am thinking about it. I do a fair amount of rockfishing in the Chesapeake Bay in the spring time on my 19' Pro-Line center console and take along with me a 150qt igloo cooler to throw the fish in which I put right in front of the console. My question to all of you 2120 owners is where do you really put a cooler of that size so that it does not take up that much deck space? On the roof? In between the two seats in the back? In the v-berth up front? Just trying to get some ideas of where to put it so that I am not losing that much space with it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Mike

I put my cooler on the deck parallel to the cabin door when it is open. The main thing with a 2120 that I have found after 10 years is do not mount anything to the deck. Live well is portable etc. Cooler on a non skid mount. The biggest thing is get rid of the splash guard it is a waste of space mine has been off for 10 years never a problem. The 2120 is one great boat forget the 23 if you can't go out fishing with a 2120 you can't go out with a 2320 due to weather I am glad I chose the 2120.
Best of luck with your new ride !
" Bean "

After you figure out where you want it to go, to make it stay there I have found that the peel and stick diamond tread stuff (found at most marine stores) works very well even in rough seas.

I rough up the bottom corners of the cooler with some 80 grit. Clean it well with some rubbing alcohol and let dry. I then dab on some slow cure 5200 and then place diamond tread matl on top of that. Use a flat surface such as a small piece of wood and a weight to put downward pressure on the diamond tread. My cooler treads lasted 8 years until I sold the boat.

file.php

I have removed the splash guard. My fish box is tucked just in front of the engine between the battery boxes. I insert a portable expandable rod between the battery boxes to keep the fish box from hitting the engine and sliding back. My previous 23 cuddy had a full transom which i really miss because of the cooler issue. otherwise the 2120 is a great boat.

Hello there,
I'm in the market for a splash well cover for my 2320 sport cabin.
If yours happens to be 39 and a half inches wide I'd like to buy......
John at [email protected]. Thanks.

I keep the cooler between the jump seats as I have removed the splash guard. I also keep a cooler for drinks/food etc....under the vbirth cushion in the middle. John, I'll measure my splash guard and see what size it is. It's in my attic.

I took out the useless porta-potti and a large Yeti cooler slips right in between the Vee. I got an anti-slip carpet pad that I put under it and it doesn't move at all.

I installed a Yeti slider system on rales. A Yeti Tundra 110 fits perfect between the two jump seats. The slider system allows you to slide the entire cooler forward to access the bilge compartment. Then it slides back out of the way. I don't have a photo of the cooler loaded, just the slider in the forward position.

I also keep a second large cooler between the two births where previously mentioned by fellow before me. This is my overflow fish box. I also keep a kingfish bag in the birth for cobia and kings. PLENTY of fish storage options on the 2120

Back