Correct Craft Aquires Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucky John

Reaction score
I just saw a video release of Linwood on Facebook stating that Correct Craft has acquired Parker and he will remain as head of company. Not sure what this will all mean down the road :shock:

I was stunned to read that this morning as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, we can only speculate. These things tend to go either way. They could pump parker full of cash and then stop building anything under 30 feet and jack up the prices. Or they could continue to be a great company.

I really liked Parker they way they were to be honest though, change happens and it is what it is. I am sure Linwood is thinking about retirement and doing whats best for his legacy and the company. Only time will tell.

I sold my company a few years ago to a larger national company that had the ability to pour resources and make what we were doing better. Let’s say our consumers got a better product than they were getting before but for our legacy partners who owned the buisness for a long time have had a hard time having a boss. Let’s hope we consumers get the best out of the deal.

Here is a YouTube link to an announcement by Linwood Parker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09kwn4mYGHw

Acquisition of Parker adds a salt water fishing boat brand to Correct Craft's line up.

Time will tell what this means for Parker boats. I hope this is a positive change for Parker over the long term.

Perhaps the new owners will provide some investment in design and engineering to correct some of the long standing problems with Parker boats.(deck and transom rot, gas tank access, lack of built in storage and fish boxes, etc.)
Dave

Linwood looks tired. He probably wants to retire.

Glad I bought when I did. Used prices will be going up on well cared for "original" Parkers.

Robin and Linwood,

Thank you for the 3 Parkers you built for me. 8)

It sounds like warranties would be honored. Only time will tell what this means for Parker in the long term. Often when this happens in other industries changes are made to cut costs and quality goes down hill. I hope they stay with what made Parker what they have been for decades and I wish Linwood the best. It sounded like he was thinking of his employees during this transition. Sorry to hear about it though.

grouperjim":ybjba0iq said:
Linwood looks tired. He probably wants to retire.

Glad I bought when I did. Used prices will be going up on well cared for "original" Parkers.

Robin and Linwood,

Thank you for the 3 Parkers you built for me. 8)
I bet prices will go up. A lot!!! Don’t sell yet. Lol

Back