could some check the maximum load on your trailer jack ?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vipertom1970

Reaction score
My trailer jack for my 2320 Parker broke and I have to order the new one. My old jack has a maximum capacity of 2,500 pounds, next size up is 5,000 pounds for double the cost. I don't want to pay double the cost if I don't need to and rather get another 2,500 pound jack replacement in five years but want to make sure the 2,500 pounds is correct.

Thanks

Tom

My jack broke 3 times in 10 years. I bought the 5k jack and it's been ok. All depends where the boat is mounted on trailer. To forward and you will have to much weight on jack. If boat sits to far back, trailer will sway when towing. I do keep the boat a little forward because I tow my boat a lot and hate that swaying when towing. Also make sure when mounting the jack plate the bolts are mounted the right way on A-frame. What part broke on your jack?

If boat sits to far back, trailer will sway when towing.

That is a direct indication that you do not have enough tongue weight.

This is a reason I preach to get a FULL length trailer. You have more adjustability. There are Soooooooooo many trailers out there that could use some adjustment to make life simplier.... The problem is, the owners don't recognize it and put up with it being a PITA for years.

As a example..... the boat may need to be a little farther forward to get the tongue weight..... But now the bunks stick past the transom.

The bunks then need to be unbolted and slid forward and redrilled. You want the end of the bunk even with the transom. There are exceptions. Recessed trim tabs, which I hate by the way....Their never big enough and bunks land on them. This can be a bad thing if you don't have Auto retract.

Here is a example of a 23ft boat on a trailer desiginated for a 23ft boat..... It doesn't work.....or should I say.....It doesn't work well.

Ended up with a trailer designed for a 27-28ftr.

SuzukisMounted001.jpg

Note the bunks reach the end of the transom and the trailer frame is only 3in shorter.

TrailerBunks002.jpg

Back