Couple questions?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dream catcher

Reaction score
I have a 25' and am trying to increase my storage space this year and i have a couple questions. First, i am thinking of putting some rod holders inside the cabin on the port side. I have looked through the posts and saw one nice example where someone used teak and epoxied rod holders on, i think i might try this, but i don't know how well it will work b/c of the angle of the inside wall. Any suggestions?, also where can i buy small pieces of teak to mount brackets to. I also thought of maybe mounting the rod holders to the lip that hangs down in the same area, but i then would only be able to get one end of the bracket fasted???

Second, I want to use my bilge area for storgae, but don't want things flying back and hitting pump and float switch, so i am thinking of putting a couple hooks on the walls inside the bilge and running a bungy across in order to secure a couple crates/bins. I don't think there is any issue screwing into this area, but just want to make sure b/c i hate putting any holes in my boat.

Lastly, i am planning on installing a deck light for my cockpit and was just wondering what the best way to drill through the roof of the cabin is? I am thinking I should drill from the top down?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I use my bilge for storage. I made a simple removable plexiglass angled cover that I drop in to cover the bilge pump and the float switch. I can drop anything on top of the plexiglass (fenders, tools, etc.) and yet I can still see the bilge pump and float switch. All can be removed quickly - no screws or fasteners. The plexiglass salesman cut the pieces for me and sold me the can of glue to quickly bond the pieces. You can see it at:

http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... highlight=

.......................Pete

Aaahhh... I remembered the project Pete.
I just couldn't remember who it was that posted it. :wink:

Thanks!

dream catcher":2e5hgjk1 said:
Second, I want to use my bilge area for storgae, but don't want things flying back and hitting pump and float switch, so i am thinking of putting a couple hooks on the walls inside the bilge and running a bungy across in order to secure a couple crates/bins. I don't think there is any issue screwing into this area, but just want to make sure b/c i hate putting any holes in my boat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I used one of those collapsible crates that look like a milk crate. It expands to the perfect size of the area next to your batteries. Don't need to screw it in. I'ts wedged right in there. I use it put cleaners, boat soap etc.,

Here's a project I did last year, http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/vie ... highlight=

The rod holders worked out great but the epoxy didn't hold up all year. This year I reseated with 5200. Hopefully it will hold up with the weight of the rods and the flex of the bow.
I'd recomend epoxy for the first season until your're sure of the fit and spacing as 5200 is permanent.

Back