Cover off!

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albiejunkie

Reaction score
50 degrees and sunny on Monday, finally!
Got the cover off the boat. Yay
abcf00df1d8115ab17fcac45cd7ada01.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Congrats. I’m planning to splash mine the weekend of the 22nd if I don’t see any freezes in the long range forecast next week. It’s very rare that happens after April 1st here.

Nice. I’m at least 6 weeks out here. People are still ice fishing [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took mine off yesterday and began the sanding process on my bottom. Going from Pacifica Plus to Seahawk Cukote. Once that is done rest is fairly easy, just waxing and general cleanup. Should be able to splash in a couple weeks if I want.

I have a hauling company move the boat for me. I live 2 miles from the ramp...
No trailer, yet.

Do you have helm controls for your kicker?

mheltunen":2v95i07q said:
Do you have helm controls for your kicker?

Only on the inside. Wish I had ability to run both motors from both places. Maybe someday...

Got the batteries in today and after checking everything out (I just finished rearranging the battery management configuration), I realized that one of the Lenco actuators is not working properly. It makes the noise, but doesn't move the tab.
I have a feeling there may be a corroded or stripped out gear in the housing.

When replacing, I've heard you can pull enough wire from inside the hull out to splice new connectors from the outside. Can anyone confirm this for a 2008 2520XL?
There is no friggin way I'm getting into that bilge enough to splice in there...

Yes, you can do that. Just have some 4200 or similar handy when you put the screws back in. Also, get some heat shrink butt connectors. Lastly, stagger your splices so you will be able to push the wire back through the hole in the transom. When I purchased my 2120 I had the same issue. Just be glad that they are making noise and you know it’s the actuator. Go ahead and buy the pair. Good luck.

I never even bother to take them apart. The motor was running and nothing was moving. Probably a plastic gear stripped or something but I just wanted to get it up and running and figured at 9 years old just to replace the actuators and move on. On mine, they were both doing the same thing and not working.

Did you mean just replace the lower part and motor? You must really not want to splice some wires? Never thought about doing it but I would also not want to take apart my brand new actuators and risk water leaking back in after putting them back together or messing something else up. I guess it could work though? Curious too if anyone else has tried it?

Back