Cowling Cover Replace or Fix

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDesrosier

Reaction score
Hello, I have a new this year 2120 SC. Two weeks ago I went to get my trailer to pull my boat out of the water and apparently someone backed into my boat and cracked the top cowling cover. I did not see it and did not notice until I got home. Fortunately at the Plymouth MA public ramp, there are cameras everywhere and the Harbor Master has video of the person who backed into me. Now I have to wait fort the EPO's to get back to me so they can investigate, get the video and contact the person who backed into my boat and took off. But that is here nor there.

My question is if anyone has tried to fix a cracked cowling or if it is just worth getting a new one. It is about an 8" long crack on the corner of the port side of the cowling. Any info is appreciated, I asked a few local service places near me and they all said they can try to fix but no guarantee for the outcome. I am leaning to get a new one, but I am curious if anyone else has had to deal with this kind of issue.

Thanks in advance for your help,
John

Sounds like you already made up your mind.

I'd fix it....BUT....Repair , Paint and decals are not inexpensive....if say you would take it to a body shop.

Me..... I can do all that myself.

Hello, I have a new this year 2120 SC. Two weeks ago I went to get my trailer to pull my boat out of the water and apparently someone backed into my boat and cracked the top cowling cover. I did not see it and did not notice until I got home. Fortunately at the Plymouth MA public ramp, there are cameras everywhere and the Harbor Master has video of the person who backed into me. Now I have to wait fort the EPO's to get back to me so they can investigate, get the video and contact the person who backed into my boat and took off. But that is here nor there.

My question is if anyone has tried to fix a cracked cowling or if it is just worth getting a new one. It is about an 8" long crack on the corner of the port side of the cowling. Any info is appreciated, I asked a few local service places near me and they all said they can try to fix but no guarantee for the outcome. I am leaning to get a new one, but I am curious if anyone else has had to deal with this kind of issue.

Thanks in advance for your help,
John
I fixed the cowling on a Yamaha F225 with bondo, a lot of elbow grease sanding and a paint kit by Yamaha Outboard All Models - ColorRite.

I was happy with the results.

Outboard Paint Shop in Miami. Had two (2) Suzuki Cowlings repainted with factory paint and decals. They look brand new. They also repair damaged cowlings.

Back