Crate vs rebuilt power head

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blueghost93

Reaction score
After almost 5 months Of looking for a engine to re-power with i got a hold of a 2015 digital F 300. The only catch is it has a blown head. I have access immediately to a new crate powerhead from Yamaha that would need all the accessory drive stuff swapped over or for half the cost I have access to a freshly rebuilt powerhead with the same warranty.

Has anybody on here had experience with a rebuilt first new factory powerhead?

I do not know the time on your motor but having a V6 suggest it has two heads.

If it were my 300, I'd be sure the remaining running head was up to the task of balancing out a top preforming head on the other side.

For my money, if the reworked head comes from well noted business, I'd go w/ it.

I do not know the time on your motor but having a V6 suggest it has two heads.

If it were my 300, I'd be sure the remaining running head was up to the task of balancing out a top preforming head on the other side.

For my money, if the reworked head comes from well noted business, I'd go w/ it.
I would be getting a rebuilt block and two new heads.

It all depends on who does the rebuild.

With the factory crate powerhead, you know you won;t have issues with warranty claims if something fails.

With the rebuilt powerhead, is it coming from a local shop who wil lstand behind the warranty? Are you ordering it online and would be relying on some websites customer service for warranty claims?

A rebuilt powerhead is only as good as the shop that rebuilt it. If its from a reputable place that you trust to stand behind the warranty, I'd go for the rebuilt one to save the money if the warranties between rebuilt and factory crate are similar. If you don't know the shop or are ordering a rebuilt powerhead online, I personally wouldn't.

Back