Crazy Problem

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Striperswiper

Reaction score
I have a 1999 2520 W 225 hp Yamaha OX 66.

I've been getting fuel realated engine shut downs out of the blue it just shuts down whenever it feels like. It would start right back up and run fine.

Been through the whole fuel system cleaning filters, pulled the fuel rail cleaned everything.

Found the problem today.

The previous owner must have used dry gas or some other type of fuel additive and 3 of the little aluminum tear off seals from the bottles were floating around in the fuel tank.

They'd get sucked onto the fuel pickup tube and block it off, killing the engine.

If you use any of this stuff pour it through a funnel with a screen in it or you'll be fishing them out of the tank and it's not easy.

you should find him and kick him in the balls. what a stupid reason for the problem you were having. Sure it wasnt cheap going through it all

WOW isnt it funny how the simplest things can cause a major problem. i cant believe he would drop three in and not think it would do anything

Back