CT/NY Rendezvous

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone? Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

teachermirror15.jpg

not many folks chiming in.
we can do the 21st or 22nd of august.

Swim across the sound is the 7th, so that might be a bit busy in the harbor.

just spoke with the wife and we are out for sat 14th.
21st or 22nd, which is what we did last year work great.

I know not everyone can make the same date but we'll try our best for everyone.

Scott

I used to worry about our Chessie Rendezvous not working out for some folks.

The fact is, we have been successful every year with up to a dozen boats rafted up at a single time, and with people coming and going during the entire event. One year we had to throw out two hooks to keep the raft from dragging in the mud from the load. :shock:

Doesn't matter if you have three boats or thirty... it's always a good time no matter how many attend. :wink:

Ok. the date is set for this years Rendezvous. Saturday August 21 in the Port Jefferson Harbor Sand pit.

Rain date can be Sunday the 22nd.

Who can make it?

How bad is it in there? I stayed in the "Pit" for two days last year and had no problems, and we brought the big boat too.

5215_1123337681100_1156851799_30333875_4191032_n.jpg

my boat is in stony brook harbor

Christopher Kent
Chief Deputy

Connie Corso
Deputy
Steve Levy
County Executive
Ed Dumas
Chief Deputy

Ken Crannell
Deputy

Contact Us: [email protected]
Back to County Executive

County Executive Levy Approves $50,000 Study for 2009 Dredging

Hauppauge, NY – Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy’s plan to dredge Stony Brook Harbor is sailing along after a resolution for a survey was recently approved by the Suffolk County Legislature.

The legislation, submitted by Levy and cosponsored by Legislator Vivian Viloria-Fisher (D-Setauket), proposes $50,000 for the county to survey Stony Brook Harbor, which is split between the towns of Smithtown and Brookhaven. The survey will map the topography of the harbor, identifying key areas that should be dredged to improve and provide safer vessel passage into and out of Stony Brook Harbor.

“We are fortunate to live in a region with such an abundant amount of waterways, making it an ideal area for boating,” Levy said. “This can only happen though if we commit to keeping our waterways accessible for all boaters.”

With the survey legislation passed at the most recent general meeting of the Suffolk County Legislature, a request for proposal (RFP) will be sent out to contractors this fall and the actual dredge work in Stony Brook Harbor will occur during the 2009-2010 dredge season.

“As a co-sponsor of this resolution, I know that at the conclusion of this project, Stony Brook Harbor will be safer and more accessible for the residents of this community and this county,” Legislator Viloria-Fisher said.

The dredging of Stony Brook Harbor is one part of a capital program to dredge several bodies of water around Suffolk County over the next three years.

but if its the 21st i will make due.....what time

dave

CT/NY Raft Up SAT. August 21, 2010

I'll probably be there between 10 and Noon and will be staying the night.

1. Bryan 2530
2. LISound
3. 21 Pilothouse
4. pmeggers
5. ultrasport

I'll update as we go.

I am going to try and make it but with some things coming up recently I cannot commit until the time comes closer.

Pete

we made sure WICC is not conflicting. My wife and I will be in the area fishing in the AM. So we can meet anytime after 11-12 noon. Come as you will. There is no set time. If stonebuster is going to be there around that time, we'll just keep rafting up as more boats show.

I'm in for August 21st. For anyone who wasn't there last year and is on the fence about attending, it was a blast. We'll bring some food and of course silver bullets. I'll plan on being there between 10am and noon. Looking forward to it and will keep up with this thread.

Latest posts

Back