Current repower quotes - new motors

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
E-Tec 250hp installed - $17.5K

E-Tec 300hp installed - $18.5K

E-Tec 300hp installed (with fly-by-wire controls for 3 stations) - $22K

Admittedly these are priced where they are as my boat is rigged to accept Bomb gauges/harness 'as is', otherwise add $1K and up to $2K for total price including rigging.

Suzuki 250hp installed (all new rigging/gauges) - $20K

Suzuki 300hp installed (all new rigging/gauges) - $22K

Yamaha Offshore 300hp (motor only) - $24K

Yamaha Offshore 300hp, as installed (all new rigging/gauges, displays, and fly-by-wire controls) but without labor - $28 to $30K :shock: ! And it ain't even a 300hp motor without 89 octane fuel. Yamaha quote just confirmed today (02Dec11) from local GW/Yam dealer. Holy cow!

Thats scary money for all those motors, looks like i will be running my OX66 for as long as i can.

Those are crazy prices!

What happened to the 250hp DFI you swapped out the 225hp Oceanrunner for?

miky2884":3e74qh9c said:
Thats scary money for all those motors, looks like i will be running my OX66 for as long as i can.

I'm with you ! :shock:

captbone":1qc8ezq2 said:
What happened to the 250hp DFI you swapped out the 225hp Oceanrunner for?
Uhhhh ... it ATE a piston after 9-hours running. Luckily the dealer fully warrantied it, so I get my choice of $$ back, $$ towards another motor, or a free rebuild of all parts and labor. But, we think it sucked up a trash bag offshore, so I did open an insurance claim, but no word yet.

If it wasn't for bad luck ... I'd have no luck at all!

And get this, once 'dead in the water' offshore and 20+ miles from home ... I grabbed onto an offshore lobstah pot high-flyer buoy to keep me from floating further towards France ... and bluefin toona errupted all around the boat, but just out of casting range :( ...

DaleH":2lkcq1f6 said:
I did open an insurance claim, but no word yet.

I'm betting they will take their own sweet time with that.
Of course, if you were late with a premium payment... :evil:

That must be list price on some of those quotes.

Anyway, ........ note to self........baby my 250hp Ox66 and keep her running until I get very old.

Those that think good periodic maintenance is expensive need to take a look at these prices. I'm with John and I'm going to be very nice to mine.

Luv2fish":2ugq643w said:
Those that think good periodic maintenance is expensive need to take a look at these prices.
I'm with John and I'm going to be very nice to mine.

I'm with you there brother. 8)

I bought my F250 Yamaha from Gootee's Marine, just a little south of Cambridge Maryland. Out the door with new hydraulic steering $15.000.

DaleH":2zgc98op said:
Yamaha Offshore 300hp, as installed (all new rigging/gauges, displays, and fly-by-wire controls) but without labor - $28 to $30k

That must be the engine model that comes with a boat (lol). Yami dealers are smoking crack if they think the general public would even consider repowering at that price.

John_Madison CT":1lngq7ni said:
That must be list price on some of those quotes.
No John, those were street prices if I bought this Fall!

I just re-powered with a Honda BF225 for about $16,000 including new controls, stainless Solas prop, and gauges. (The bill was actually more, but we also replaced three batteries with Optimas, put in a new Hynautic steering ram, and did some other work at the same time).

Based on the 2.99% interest loan, the payments are actually less or equal to the savings in gas and two-stroke oil versus the old OX66, so basically, we got the new motor for "free". :D

I'm still dialing in the prop/engine height, but at this point it looks like it uses about 40% less fuel than the OX66, plus no $30 a gallon 2-stroke oil every 30 miles or so.

we put a 300 fourstroke yamaha on our 2530 parker this past fall.mikes marine in panacea FL. took care of our rigging completed for less than 24 k.Great on fuel,still have our ox 66 for sale if anyone wants, it was in great shape when we removed it also had just been [email protected] if interested.

windknotnc":3epigjl6 said:
For it to be almost free you have to be burning piles of gas. Show us the math, I would like to see if it works for me.

Cost per statute mile driven for the OX66 averaged about $3.79 including gas, 2-stroke oil, and ring free. Cost per mile for the Honda is averaging about $1.55. If I include the cost of repairs on the OX66 that number would climb from $3.79 to well over $6.00 (It was ALWAYS in the shop). Not to mention the piece of mind that a 5-year warranty and new motor brings.

With $4,000 down (what we got selling the old motor), the payment is $300 a month (but that includes more than just the re-power, as we financed the entire job including the new batteries, new steering ram, re-wiring, and new electronics as part of the deal). An average month for us is to cover about 150 miles or so.

150 miles x $3.79 = $568 in gas & oil (OX66)
150 miles x $1.54 = $231 in gas (Honda)

Savings = $337.50
Payment (300.00)

Net cash in the bank = $37.50

I take that back - I'm actually MAKING money! :)

Of course some months we put on fewer miles, but this is averaged across the whole year.

Obviously my savings are diminished when I split gas with people, but with the Honda, it is no longer a necessity to split gas with people, since it is a lot more affordable to take the boat out now. (and no messy re-filling oil in the middle of a crossing!).

Latest posts

Back