Custom Switch Panel

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian S

Reaction score
I completed my install of a custom switch panel from http://www.newwiremarine.com. I wanted all of my switches labeled and also lit up at night. It came out perfect, not too difficult of a job. The panel illuminates when the navigation or anchor light switch is on. Eric Steele was great to work with and he walked me through what I needed to do on the install.

That's awesome!

Not so many years ago the only way to get one like that was to do it yourself. I made one up that was backlit by blue LEDs, wired like yours so that when my all-around light is on ... the panel was backlit.

I ended up doing it piece by piece. My initial plan was to get the custom face plates and independent lamp switches for the backlight. The stock parker panel had the switches too close together, the new face plates have a little flare to them, which required a little space between switches. Eric built me a new panel after I figured this out and I put it all together. It was a very tight fit but it came out perfect.

Great upgrade , I struggle with the switches even after 4 years , what was the total $ when it was complete ? Looks great

Maybe around $250 or so with everything.....re-using most of the existing wiring and breakers.

Back