Cutting up a Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJG

Reaction score
I am looking at a 2520 and was wondering if any of you guys have ever heard of anyone cutting out the back wall of the 2520 cabin? Is this structurally sound? Seems like I saw one on here once that did that and had a curtain put back in its place. Or is it just better to look at the 2510 WA I am torn I llike the Pilot house but am afraid I will feel left out running the boat while everyone else is fishing, Anyone run into this problem before Thanks

I second the second steering station as the best way to join the action. What I love about the pilothouse is being able to close/lock a door and walk away. I know the lock isn't the strongest but it still beats a zipper and a snap.

RJG,
Did you se this thread, from Capt. Ronnie "What I did today"? He did a neat job of building a bi-fold door into the back wall of the pilot house. I tried to do a link, but failed. It's on page 5 of the "PROJECTS" 18 threads from the bottom of the page.

Thanks I have read some of Capt. Ronnies post before, will see if I can find it. Thanks again

TonyAmalfitano":p84ss8eh said:
OK, how'd you do that? :?
Do what ... post the URL of the post in question ... :?: ?

Tony:

First I found Capt. Ronnie's post in the Projects forum by using the search feature. Then I clicked on it to open it. Look up at the address bar above and you will see the URL address. I just high-lighted that URL address of his post and then copied it into the reply post to you.

SOmetimes when using the search feature, you get extra data after the part of the URL address that includes the post number (like in the link I posted, it ends in "t=274"). I remove that stuff so that the post gets displayed in itrs entirety, when linked.

Does this help??

I have been seriously thinking about removing the door and door frame and then cutting out the bulkhead behind the helm seat for a 2/3 open PH effect. I want to do this so I have more connection with what is going on in the cockpit while fishing and cruising.

I have gotten approval from the Admiral for the project, however advice from Parker is about as clear as mud. The Parker engineer I spoke with said the fiberglass in the back wall is actually thinner than the lip of fiberglass that remains in the factory open back model. After the conversation I did not have a real warm and fuzzy feeling as to how confident he was, or as to how successful this project would turn out. At this point, I am waiting on more information before breaking out the sawzall.

jim

Rear steering station.....solves the problem....also makes docking a snap since you can see much better. You might regret the sawsall on those cold windy days.

Dis be FL, I would have look up "cold windy day" in the dictionary to no what that is.

But seriously, I have thought about the second station, sun exposure, and visibility, and I am not leaning in that direction yet.

Thanks.

jim

Let me know if you want detail photos of the factory open-back.

Image-F68DF0C0333811DC.jpg

Latest posts

Back