Damaged Bow Rail

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surface Interval

Reaction score
My Bow Rail was damage during a storm that came in while I was on vacation, I was rafted up to my buddies boat and mother nature had her way. I don't know if I should remove the entire bow rail or just try to fix it in place. all the bolts are easy to get to except for the ones in the anchor, almost impossible to get to. I'm already going to have to do some gelcoat work on her were the rail meets the hull. Thank you in advance CP and thank you PARKER for building a strong boat.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 351
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 352
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 352
FWIW 6-years or more ago my bow rail was damaged 5x more than yours in a storm when a 32-footer repeatedly smashed into me. I had to replace the rail and it cost $1100 and was shipped on the "next" boat delivery sent to my dealer. Insurance paid for it.

Use a flex coupler to get to the front bolts, or a tall skinny kid with a ratcheting box wrench!

FYI, my boat sustained ZERO gelcoat damage, yet the entire side of that 32' Silverton was wiped out! Dang TOUGH boats Parkers are!

Yeah, see if your insurance will cover a new rail first. If not, I think I would leave it in place and try to pull it back in to shape with a heavy ratchet strap or something before I took it off entirely. You will probably need to reseal the base where it fastens to the gunwale though.

I decided to leave it in place. I used a car jack with a piece of plywood. I place the plywood against the hull and started working the jack up and down the bow rail until it looked about right. I still have to fix the gelcoat and the bottom where the bow rail attaches to the hull. I guess I got lucky that it was a smooth bend. Thank you again CP for the input.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 288
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 288
I have had great success using a 8/10 ft 4x4 with shim blocks at the ends so it leaves a gap where the bend is. Fasten the 4x4 to the rail with clamps etc. at the bend use another clamp with wood blocks to protect the rail and apply pressure, you will probably have to go beyond the normal position because of flex/spring back. Have a buddy help, the extra hands are a big help !! 8)

Back