Dash Pad for a 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gofishbentley

Reaction score
Does anyone have a template or know of a company that has a pre-cut “dash pad” for a 2520?

My boat is a 2004 and have been looking all over the internet and can’t find anything. Trying to go easy and order something vs making my own template.

Thanks 🙏

Nothing pre cut. Had to order a template kit from a sea dek franchise.
Thanks for the reply. I got a quote from the local San Diego joint to measure it and do the work. The price was $500 which seemed a bit aggressive. Does this track with what you spent?

I was hoping the guy that was suggested in your post came through, since he has a template already. Based on my online research, he is having some issues.

Does anyone have a template or know of a company that has a pre-cut “dash pad” for a 2520?

My boat is a 2004 and have been looking all over the internet and can’t find anything. Trying to go easy and order something vs making my own template.

Thanks 🙏
Just a heads-up, if looking for companies with pre-cut templates, especially if using Sea-Trek type tread with borders. All model-year of the 2520 are not exactly alike, especially on the passenger side dash. Some did not come with cup-holders, and some (like mine) had after-market cup holders installed; and those are likely not in the exact same location as some that are factory-installed. I did my dash cover self-installed with non-stick cabinet liner. It's now 10 years old, and holding up well, even being in the sun for 10 years. I agree it's not as fancy as the bordered-type, but it works well for us.
1715119756402.png

Just a heads-up, if looking for companies with pre-cut templates, especially if using Sea-Trek type tread with borders. All model-year of the 2520 are not exactly alike, especially on the passenger side dash. Some did not come with cup-holders, and some (like mine) had after-market cup holders installed; and those are likely not in the exact same location as some that are factory-installed. I did my dash cover self-installed with non-stick cabinet liner. It's now 10 years old, and holding up well, even being in the sun for 10 years. I agree it's not as fancy as the bordered-type, but it works well for us.
View attachment 39999
Andy,

I am always worried about that material baking into the gel coat and sticking. Has that not happened to you? Also, can you send a photo of the cup holders from under the birth? I am planning on cutting those same holes and am curious what it looks like.

Andy,

I am always worried about that material baking into the gel coat and sticking. Has that not happened to you? Also, can you send a photo of the cup holders from under the birth? I am planning on cutting those same holes and am curious what it looks like.
The material is held down with a few dabs of silicone caulk, and has not done anything to the gel coat nor has it stuck to the gel coat. It's been in direct sunlight for 10 years. The boat is kept on a lift, and the bow/windshield faces directly south so it gets a lot of sun year-round. (We are in eastern North Carolina). I didn't expect it to last so long, as is is standard off-the-shelf, 'shelf-liner' from Lowes. It is not brittle, is very supple and still very non-skid; and has not even faded any. I did not expect it to be so UV durable.... The first owner of the boat installed the cup holders. Notice the first-owner messed up the 'carpet' when he made his cuts.... They are just what you might envision; the bottom of the cup holder is exposed and visible from inside the cuddy cabin.
Here's a 'snip' from a video.... and/or watch the video (see link) at 5:10...

1715128124009.png

Last edited:
Had a console pad made when i upgraded engine and electronics last year. Was not that expensive. Nice rounded edges and cut to fit. Very happy.

Attachments

• IMG_4129.jpeg
    IMG_4129.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
Reactions: A^4
Thanks for the reply. I got a quote from the local San Diego joint to measure it and do the work. The price was $500 which seemed a bit aggressive. Does this track with what you spent?

I was hoping the guy that was suggested in your post came through, since he has a template already. Based on my online research, he is having some issues.
I was quoted $300 for cutting a template that I measured out.

Back