Delaware Bay

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusader

Reaction score
New to this forum as a Parker 2320 owner, but not to Parker, as we bought a new 2520 in 1997. We have recently moved to Milford Delaware and keep our boat at Cedar Creek Marina. We will fish mostly in the bay with occasional trip to the ocean when the wind gods and King Neptune are in a good mood. Hard learning new fishing areas and techniques. Biggest hurdle is putting a Minn Kota on the boat. I have been spoiled by spot lock and wish to have little to no involvement with anchoring anymore. Looking forward to some fall fishing and the hope of inviting some Tog and Rockfish home for dinner !

Attachments

• IMG_4592.jpeg
    IMG_4592.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
New to this forum as a Parker 2320 owner, but not to Parker, as we bought a new 2520 in 1997. We have recently moved to Milford Delaware and keep our boat at Cedar Creek Marina. We will fish mostly in the bay with occasional trip to the ocean when the wind gods and King Neptune are in a good mood. Hard learning new fishing areas and techniques. Biggest hurdle is putting a Minn Kota on the boat. I have been spoiled by spot lock and wish to have little to no involvement with anchoring anymore. Looking forward to some fall fishing and the hope of inviting some Tog and Rockfish home for dinner !
Great looking Parker you got there; welcome to CP!

Welcome to the area! I’m out of Indian River Inlet. Just getting home this week from 6 months overseas, looking forward to that same fall fishing. See you out there!

Hello Crusader,
Congrats on your new Parker!
i have purchased 2 Parker’s from Marvin at CC, a 2310 WA and currently own 2501cc.
Between the 2 Parker’s I also had a 30’ GW Express.
It was a great boat, but I didn’t really need all the gadgets, Microwave, Hot Water heater, generator, AC,TV, etc.
So I came back to Parker.
We primarily fish out of Lewes and will tow down to IRI and run out of there if we are going to inshore lumps.
Most fishing has been in Ocean at the reef sites and Old Grounds and when the tuna are on the lumps we will run out 40-50 miles if weather permits. We are looking forward to taking it to Marathon this spring and fishing the Keys for 2 weeks.
I love the Simplicity and construction of the Parkers.
The 2501 CC DV has 360 fishing space, the bow is open so no seating or storage but great spot for a 120 qt igloo to ice down the tuna ( caught a 75 lb. Yf this summer!)
You may consider docking a little further south (Lewes or IRI) if you’re serious about fishing. We haven’t fished in the bay for years, although Togging is good out to the breakwater this time of year and Black Drum are always on the Coral beds in the spring.
We target Sea Bass, flounder, Mahi, and tuna, with the occasional cobia. You will have to venture out into the Ocean for best shot at these species.
Good Luck with your new Parker! We are the “Blue Hen”and are usually on Ch. 71

Back