depth finder question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flies only

Reaction score
hey guys lost my transducer today heading out the susq flats. hit something submergdd that hit my transducer fracturing the bracket. question is do most of you have a transom mount or an epoxied in the hull style. ruined my day 400 yds from the ramp. really p!ssed me off.

flies:

I just mounted a transducer in my bilge, see this project Humminbird 947C.

I installed it in the bilge because it is a large expensive unit that I didn't want to take any chances with, and also didn't want to poke more holes in the transom.

Great post on the H-bird. Very impressive. We ran an earlier 3-D model by Hummingbird years ago and it showed a great wire-frame view of the bottom, but the backlighting was so bad you couldn't use it at night. Now we have Raymarine in a shoot-thru config. Seems kind of cheesy now that I have seen your 3-D pictures - let's see, what can I sell...

I have two transom mounts. One is from 1997 and I put a duplicate display, color capable display in 2 years ago. I've had just a digital depth sounder epoxied in the bilge for about 7 years now.

Some epoxy transducers. Combo units that let you do what you did to get temperature are of benefit to some users. Others have just given up that feature.

Both of my transom mounts have paddle wheel speed but I have them both running off GPS for speed, as they are both combo sounders and GPS.

Dana

I have a Raymarine DS600X with an Airmar P79 in my bilge. Works great, and never loses bottom (except in reverse). :D

Back