Diamond Seaglaze front window removal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan 2530

Reaction score
Anyone ever taken a set of Diamond Seaglaze windows out?

Mine are coming out this winter for paint, powdercoat (not sure yet) and new seals.

It looks pretty straight forward but any help is appreciated.

HPIM1235.jpg

My windows are the older (black) windows by Wynn, but I'll be watching this thread with interest.
Been thinking of doing the same thing (powder coating and all new seals).

Anyone know why Parker stopped using Wynn?
I have their windows but they do not open.
I called Wynn and they said they would make ones that opened for around $600 each.
I would like to know if the new windows by Diamond are better and if I should look into
getting them instead.

Manufacturers change suppliers all the time for any number of reasons.
Sometimes it's a quality issue (perceived or otherwise), sometimes it's a better unit price, sometimes it's just a better product for the same money.

FWIW... I have Wynn windows in my boat and have no complaints.
After 15 years, they work just fine though those DS silver frames do look sexy. :)

I also have Wynn windows on my 2320, my boat is a 2000 and i currently have no leaks on any of the windows. Granted my boat was rack stored before i bought it last year so that might have something to do with it, but so far I have no complaints.

I also prefer the black trim over the silver diamond sea glaze windows but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback.
I have no complaints with the windows except that they don't open.
I guess I was being cheap when I ordered the boat.
I never had a PH before and did not realize you can't see out the window at night.
I guess I will price out the Diamond windows and decide from there.

Yea I couldn't imagine not being able to open the windows, it definitely is a must for me.

Good luck let us know what you find out

The only thing that sucks about the Wynn windows is the don't open all the way. The frame ends up being in your line of site.

The Diamond Seaglaze windows open up all the way, 90 degrees.

Miky and I were going to see if we could put Diamond Seaglaze adjusters on his Wynn windows, maybe for a future project.

I plan on covering my boat this Sat, so after that I'll be able to pull the front windows and start on the anodizing/powdercoating process (haven't decided yet)

Yes Bryan is correct if you go with the wynn windows make sure you either have them make it so the windows open fully out, or come up with another plan, the fact that they don't open all the way is a pain in the ass, i hope to correct this soon!

here is a picture showing my helm side window fully open and it kinda gives you an idea of what we are talking about

Attachments

• parker raft 1.jpg
    parker raft 1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,155
web.jpg

web.jpg

The window opening has never really bothered me, but I've never considered if it opened further.
Could be a good thing, though it does shed rain well just the way it is. :)

It bothers me kev, maybe because of my height, when I stand at the helm the bottom of the window frame is directly in my line of sight. although when i lean back and rest on the helm chair it is a little better. Thats my project for this winter to try and get those windows to extend all the way out, or at least the helm side .

I like that Bryan.
I would bet that if you moved the Wynn clamps up a couple of inches, we could get to where you are with the DSG glass.

Yeah, we thought about that, got to look into it alittle more.

Best thing would be to get the diamond seaglaze adjusters to work with the Wynn Windows.

Thy are so much easier and faster to operate, no notches or wing nuts.

Hey thanks guys, I would never think to ask about the opening.
Looks like DSG gets the job if they can make the window fit.
I like the locks and the adjuster on the DSG better.

I have taken the port window out of my 2120 and replaced with an opening window. I suggest to tape off on outside over fiberglass with heavy duct tape first. Remove square headed screws and start to dig out about a cartridge full of silicone betwen frames and fiberglass. After you remove all inside go outside with very thin putty knife and get between frame and fiberglass to loosen the last bit of silicone on frame flanges. Be carfull not to scratch gel coat thus the duct tape. Take your time no big deal. When replacing new frame tighten screws like you would on a head cylinder on an engine. Hope this helps. You will see were old silicone was do the same when replacing about 1 full cartridge.

" BEAN "

My boat is an 07. I have spots on the windows that are starting to drive me crazy.Is there any product that I can use to clean and remove these spots?

I've tried everything John from straight vinegar to straight alcohol and elbow grease.
Even tried glass cooktop cleaner....nothing.
My next step is to try Mr. Clean's Magic Eraser in an inconspicuous spot to see what that can do. Not sure if it's safe to use on glass yet.

Try winq rust and stain remover. Comes in a small brown bottle with white cap. You can pick it up in your grocery store in the cleaning section most likely-it is used to remove stains from tubs, sinks. I have used this to remove built up water spots on several different windows and it works great.

An important point-Try not to get it directly on metal or anything else.

I wet down the window/area I am working around then apply Winq with a sponge and rub. You will see the spots come off as you rub. Do one window at a time then hose it off and move onto the next. Don't let it dry. I have used it on our past two parkers with no problems.

Apply rainX afterwards

Back