Dirty Water Spots from Trailering??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradV

Reaction score
I posted this on THT but figured id see what you guys could come up with. The hull is 2008 so its not oxidized or anything but on the front 1/3 of the hull there is what appears to be water spots. To see them you have to get at an angle. Once you get straight on and get real close you can see that its dirty looking water spots. So here is what i tried to do so far and nothing has worked or made any noticeable difference.

1. Dishwashing detergent
2. Formula 88
3. Magic Eraser
4. 3m Finess It
5. Meguires Rubbing Compound
6. Turtle Waxing Polishing Compound
7. Bug and Tar Remover
8. Gel Closs

I have a 6" Ryobi Buffer and Now an 11" buffer to try as well. Any Suggestions?

Buffer with light compound is what I say without seeing it in person.

3M restorer wax or cleaner wax.

I used the buffer with meguires rubbing compound and polishing compound and finess it and nothing. Someone on THT suggested On and off?

FSR works wonders for dirty water spots like at the water line or for removing rust stains. I’ll use it on the entire hull if I want it spotless.

Starbrite hull cleaner w/oxcillic (sp) acid has cleaned any and all stains off my hull instantly. Including tanic acid stains from the river. It is serious stuff so make sure you follow the directions.

On Off will probably do it.

That stuff is harsh but it took off Hudson river stains from my dads boat when we went up to Troy NY back in the 90's.

If you use the acetone be sure to clean then wax well directly after...it strips whatever you got on there real badly

thats my plan now anyways. trying to wax the boat and noticed these spots on the front.

So after 10 days of buffing, compounding, polishing, flitzing, fsring, and everything else i tried I went under the sink pulled this guy out and 30 seconds later problem solved. Annoyed at this point but at least its done.

Attachments

• Cleaner.jpg
    Cleaner.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 398
Blue Clay from the auto detailing shops works great on rust spots, hard water and will not harm even clear coat finish. Make sure to use proper spray lubricant/soapy water with the clay.

Back