Dive Tank Holder/Rack

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BradV

Reaction score
Designed this dive tank rack because the Seasucker system cost alot and with the way the gunnels are dont work. Also I didnt want anything fixed like the custom brackets that rolfdawg made to mount the roll control. I also did not want my transom or gunnel with tanks all over it because thats how we get in and out of the boat. So i got two flush mount taco tapered shaft bases, 2 tapered shafts and welded 2 roll control tracks to the. The rack holds 10 tanks and allows you to put your fins in the middle of it as well. Worked awesome today first time using it. We dove 6 of us today. With the white holders being where they are you can put your bc and reg on while it is still on the rack.

Attachments

• Photo_092009_001[1].jpg
    Photo_092009_001[1].jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 799
Some more pics. The deck plates stick up 1/8" You can see with the tracks empty that you can fit your fins in between.

Attachments

• deck.jpg
    deck.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 694
  • Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 694
Nice Work! Wow, 10 tanks and six divers! Now -that's- a load! :shock:

Do you dress in shifts and drop over in pairs?

I'm thinkin' I'm crowded when we pack 4 divers on deck with only 8 tanks. :!:

we either do two groups of 3 or we have someone come drive who doesnt dive and we all go at once. Weve dove 7 off the boat before. The dive rack makes a big difference since you can gear up and store all your stuff in the middle and still have access to the gunnels. I actually designed another tank holder for the girls so we can put their tank on the transom and it holds it for them while they put the bc on. Then you just fall over the side. Works out very nicely. with the position of the tanks it actually isnt that stern heavy planes out better than usual. Anymore than 10 tanks and we stack them up front in the birth with the foam pelican foam racks.

I'm really surprized the boat isn't too stern heavy, esp. when running. I have the 2530 mv and had to mount my tank racks (8 roll controls) in the PH. I even put 2 in the forward cabin to help keep the bow down. All the other dive gear (bc's reg's, spearguns, weights, wetsuits, etc.) goes all the way forward as well. My boat rides naturally "bow-high" and the extra weight forward in the cabin really, really helps. 4 divers and gear in the CP while on hook and the scuppers are underwater and the decks starting to flood.

A buddy has the 2320-4S Yammie 225, and with 5 aboard (no dive gear) people have to climb into the PH to get the boat on plane.

Well i also have about 600lbs of ballast in the ph floor with the other fuel tank. The tanks are pretty much starting right outside of the and stop a little before the hatch at the back. Planing isnt really an issue with the twin 225's they are strong enough to push it along pretty well. I have the Rev 4s on there that are like running with 4.10 gears on your truck. Only time i see water coming in the scuppers is when we have 12 people and all are in the cockpit and most are on the same side.

After reading your last post, I just now looked at your profile. I was thinking, geeze this guy must be in a 2820. Obviosly you have the DV, 2530. I think that is about 3-4" more freeboard than mine. With twins, that is still a lot of weight hanging off the rear end. Does your bracket have flotation built/engineered into it? How does it behave on the hook?

Sounds like a nice setup.

We drift dive down here in Jupiter because of the gulfstream being so close so we have a nice current. This time of years it pretty tame but can really race. I have the armstrong bracket which has some buoyancy. Only time i anchor up is when we go to the sandbar.

well today was a real test for the boat. We had 8 divers with 16 tanks. Not too bad considering. boat ran fine. Saw several turtles, dozens of goliath grouper up to 400lbs, nurse sharks, and thousads of little reef fish. Water temp was 80 on the bottom and vis was top to bottom in 80 feet.

Back