Docking

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have had several practice sessions with docking bow-to this week and its goin ok. So, I thought I'd try my luck at docking stern-to this morning. More and more boats are coming into the marina, and thats how they dock. Don't want to be the odd man out. besides, I need to dock stern to when I dock at her perm marina. So, gave it a shot(2 actualy) in 15 mph winds. Had to make 2 passes but got her in each time. Only problem was that I couldn't help for the boat to touch the boat next to me. When coming out to get my lines(alone), the wind blew me to starboard and we just touched. Some folks can be "touchy" about this sort of thing. So, I was just wonderin what others would do in this situation. Is there a better end or line to secure FIRST?

Thanks

MikeD":2sq9szff said:
Is there a better end or line to secure FIRST?

For me... the first line to go on (when coming in), and the last to come off (when going out), is my spring line.
That is the line that keeps me off the dock.

Megabyte":1918lg1o said:
MikeD":1918lg1o said:
Is there a better end or line to secure FIRST?

For me... the first line to go on (when coming in), and the last to come off (when going out), is my spring line.
That is the line that keeps me off the dock.

Yep, spring line

or,

for us poor people, the trailer winch cable! :D

Back