Does anybody have Linwood's e mail address?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
052520":zk9x40xf said:
Not sure, factory settings...

That might be the reason for your 'spray'.
Most factory and dealer rigged motors are rigged for the un-initiated noobs, and most are rigged way too deep.
It keeps the newbies safe, but like the way too small tabs, it is not optimum.
The foot of the motor, and the anti-cav plate, are buried too deep.

My motor was rigged deep, in fact it was all the way down (see the photo).
You can see the marks where it used to be, and where I raised it 2 holes.
Honestly, when I get the chance, it will be raised one more hole (all the way up).
The difference in performance is amazing.

My guess is that this is your issue.

Attachments

• 24Apr 001.jpg
    24Apr 001.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 191
I had a chance to get on 'Eye Candy' this weekend, my 2015 2510 W/A with twin 150's and Permatrims. At 4000rpm, she was traveling at 28-29 mph with 2.0-2.1 mpg in a 1-2' chop. Engines are still at factory settings...all the way down. As you can see from the photos, the wake is clean with no splash or fishtale. I still think your problem is coming from the transducer fairing block. My transducer is thru-hull flush mounted. Hope this helps...I know there are mixed feelings about Permatrims, but I have found they made a HUGE difference for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1290.JPG
    IMG_1290.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_1291.JPG
    IMG_1291.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 167
My dealer moved the motor up a hole and it made the problem worse. My dealer is going to go pro this week but I can tell you the spray is coming from the lower unit. I guess it's possible the transducer is causing dirty water to get back there but it sure does not look like it from what I have seen.

And to the question on who should resolve these issues. The warranty is with Parker not the dealer. They need approval from Parker to be able to resolve the issue. I have been assured by Linwood that they will get this resolved.

Eyedoc... What is the slowest speed/RPM that you can keep "Eye Candy" on plane, with those Permatrims? Your the first guy on here that I've seen put the Permatrim on twins. On my single 2120 it's 2800 to 3K and around 14mph. Depending on current/load etc I've done as low as 12.5 to 13. It's really nice when running in 2+ close stacked chop to pull the bow down into it and run slow.

Maybe this is taking too easy of an approach, but I think the shape of the platform is doing it. The positive flotation tank extends to full depth the entire length, ending abruptly with a flat edge. My older Armstrong platform has a design where the flotation portion tapers up toward the engine and I don't have this issue. Granted, I have a different boat (23 DV), but still seems obvious to me.

I have the same issue & an in hull transducer... Obviously not the problem.
The bracket "V" seems most likely to me..

Lucky John":15ikbva2 said:
I visited my dealer today an told him about the cowling deal and also this problem underneath the gunnel by the transom door. Hopefully at the end of the season they will fix it for me. Underneath the gunnel in front of the live well and fish box most of the fiberglass is unfinished and needs attention as well.

Parker sent a pint of gelcoat to the dealer. They asked me if I wanted to fix it myself but said if I get the boat there they will have their mobile glass guy fix it. I will probably wait till end of season now to get it done. Gelcoat guy said he wanted near the shop till he see what's involved :roll:

My 2007 2520 with twin Yamaha 150s does this too. I too would love if it didn't do it. I will try and remember to take a picture when I go out next weekend. Yamaha must make a hell of a cowling gasket. Regarding email addresses, I have corresponded with Parker about a few minor easy things and received responses, but always from the general [email protected] or [email protected]. Most of the time they were signed Parker Boats, but once a guy named James did sign his name. James was very helpful.

I will put my money on transuder, engine height or a combination of the two. That v-spray is exactly what I saw in my old Grady when the motors were too low. Raised 'em up 2 nothches and it went away completely.

One other thing I noticed in your video is that is seems like you were running an awful lot of tab for a super calm day. It also seemed like you had the motor tucked pretty far in too. Have you tried running in those same conditions with no tab and trimming the motor up until it starts to ventilate, then dropping it back down some?

did anyone ever get any further with a solution with the engine spray? just took delivery of my 2520 xld with Yamaha 300 and im having that exact same spray! mine looks identical to that pic the OP posted. is there any updates?

Weasertt":3mg9r2zg said:
did anyone ever get any further with a solution with the engine spray? just took delivery of my 2520 xld with Yamaha 300 and im having that exact same spray! mine looks identical to that pic the OP posted. is there any updates?

I have not found a solution to the problem. I have moved the motor, trimmed the motor to 6 bars, ran with the tabs up and down, ran it full of gas and half a tank of gas but there is a certain speed where the spray is just ugly. I wish Parker would just admit that there is a problem.

To the OP with the spray issue, any chance you are running a Garmin with the SideVu transducer? My dealer mentioned that due to that transducer's size/length, it throws off a considerable rooster tail when transom mounted. With your transducer location, perhaps its disrupting the clean flow of water to the lower unit. Good luck.

Lucky John":3glqugd8 said:
I basically have the same issue with my 2520 xld but to be honest it doesn't really bother me yet............unless it starts causing problems like corrosion. I have run this boat in all types of conditions. I usually get 22 or so mph @ 4000.

Well now I see some possible corrosion right on/near dipstick bracket. I noticed a small amount when I pulled for winter.
This will have to be investigated further.

Your engine is mounted too low and the spray is from the cavitation plate being under water while on plane. Read my posts about the same issue.

If the lower unit replacement gets approved I might tell them to raise it. Waiting to see how this plays out.

Back