Draining old gas from a 2000 Parker 2110

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwheez

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to remove old gas from our Parker 2110? I heard of using an air compressor sealed at the fueling port and disconnecting the fuel line from the motor and then just "pushing the fuel out with air pressure???? or is a hand siphoning pump the best route to take?? Any input is greatly appreciated.
lwheez

If you use air pressure be very careful how much you apply. Fuel tanks are typically built for 2 to 4 psi. That's not much air...

Don't use an electric pump unless it's designed for fuel transfer. Gasoline vapors and electric motors that produce sparks don't mix very well.

A siphon followed by a hand pump to get the last little bit is probably the best route.

Please don't use air pressure to push the gas out..... It is VERY hard to control.... You will split a seam on the tank. It can get away from you QUICK.

Remove the sending unit and suck the fuel out.

Get yourself a Topsider Oil Extractor. Either pull your sending unit or hook it to your supply line to your primary fuel filter and suck it all out. It only holds about three gallons at a time so it might take a few times.

B001445IZ8-0.jpg

Disconnect fuel line at primer bulb and siphon and remove sender and siphon with hose on rod to reach bottom of tank.

When I did mine I took off out the sending unit and used a small electric in-line pump. I took the end of the hose and was able to get it all the way down in the tank and remove everything. I also had the boat on a trailer and lifted the front up so everything went to the back of the tank.

Electric fuel pump from pep boys remove line off engine plug the pump in put hose into storage container and start pumping I did that with 2 boats I purchased in the past. Burned the old fuel in the pickup and lawn mowers. Hand pumping is a pain.

Fuel pickups do NOT go to the bottom of the tank.... Therefore you will not get all the old gas and crud out of the tank.

This is why we use a electric fuel pump with a inline filter setup. I also pump it thru a Fuel funnel filter before it goes into a plastic 55gal drum.

Sure you can get it down quick with pulling the fuel line off the motor, but you still have to pull the sending unit.

I use a tie wrap and a 4oz bank sinker strapped to the end of the hose.....This keeps it on the bottom of the tank and is easier to push around into the corners of the tank.

Thank you for all your input. We ended up disconnecting the fuel line from the engine and using the bulb to create a siphon. Took a long time but pulled out more than 25gallons of two year old gas.

lwheez":1ty3es8y said:
Thank you for all your input. We ended up disconnecting the fuel line from the engine and using the bulb to create a siphon. Took a long time but pulled out more than 25gallons of two year old gas.

You still have bad gas in the tank. I can almost guarantee that there is also crud (and probably water) in the bottom.

It's a lot easier to pull the sender and suck the rest out now than deal with it when the tank is full again. Also lets you check on the condition of the inside of the tank.

If you had a problem, might as well start fresh. Especially if you use ethanol gas.

What Brad said above. Get it ALL out while you can. the worst stuff is what's left in there right now, below what the pick up reaches. you will definitely get some water out of there.

Back