Draining VST on a 2021 Suzuki 300

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptBeach

Reaction score
Ran into a water in fuel issue, installed Racor with window bowl, drained tank, drained fuel water separator under cowling, SMIS will not throw a water in fuel code any longer but having a issue getting on plane. Engine will act like its going to accelerate fine then stall out and die. Talking to Suzuki service rep and he suspects water in VST. I tried turning the drain screw that has the hose attached to it but only a few drops came out, is there a vent screw that must be open when doing so? Should I crack it open and then turn key on to energize fuel pump? Is there a trick to all this?

Ran into a water in fuel issue, installed Racor with window bowl, drained tank, drained fuel water separator under cowling, SMIS will not throw a water in fuel code any longer but having a issue getting on plane. Engine will act like its going to accelerate fine then stall out and die. Talking to Suzuki service rep and he suspects water in VST. I tried turning the drain screw that has the hose attached to it but only a few drops came out, is there a vent screw that must be open when doing so? Should I crack it open and then turn key on to energize fuel pump? Is there a trick to all this?
Aint Chat GPT cool?

AI Response

The "VST" in your query likely refers to the Vapor Separator Tank, which is a component in the fuel system of a Suzuki 300 outboard motor. The vent screw on the VST is used for maintenance and troubleshooting purposes.
To locate the vent screw on a Suzuki 300 VST, you'll typically need to follow these steps:
  1. Locate the VST: The Vapor Separator Tank is usually located on or near the engine. It's a cylindrical or rectangular tank that holds and separates fuel vapor from liquid fuel.
  2. Look for the Vent Screw: The vent screw is a small, usually brass or plastic screw located on the top or side of the VST. It's used to release any trapped air or vapor from the tank.
  3. Check the Owner's Manual: To be sure of the exact location and procedure for the vent screw on your specific Suzuki 300 model, it's best to consult your owner's manual. The manual should provide detailed instructions on how to access and use the vent screw.
  4. Maintenance and Use: The vent screw may need to be opened periodically during maintenance or if you experience issues with fuel flow. Be sure to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for proper use and maintenance of the VST and vent screw.
Please note that working on your boat's engine or fuel system can be potentially dangerous if not done correctly, so if you're unsure about any aspect of this procedure, it's advisable to consult a professional mechanic or Suzuki dealership for assistance.
Chat

Back