E-Z anchor puller

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardog629

Reaction score
has anyone installed an " E-Z anchor puller" ? looks like a good setup but would like to hear something from an owner, thanks,,

Friend of mine had one on a 36 trawler and the thing worked great, not sure about the installation on a Parker though.

With that system you don't have the typical windlass problems because of the drum.

If it fits and you drop anchor alot, go for it. You are limited on line length though, but most anchoring is probably done in less than 100' anyway unless offshore fishing.

Thanks Bryan, was hoping to find a parker owner that has one, as far as anchoring it would be in under 100 feet like you said,,thanks again,,,

I had one on the boat I sold to get the Parker and I loved it, they are really good, and worth every penny, we bought it new and installed and it worked perfect, would of taken off and put on Parker, but the new boat came with a windless !

I've had one for the last year & 1/2 and love it. No wet, smelly line in the anchor locker and never any slipping, straightening out line, etc, etc. It may not be pretty on the front deck, but it's a heck of a dependable machine & a real workhorse. Just came back from using it almost daily for 2 weeks in the Keys (usually in 80-110' of water on the reef) and it worked flawlessly. You won't be sorry you got it.

Thanks guys! thats what i was hoping to hear, dont care what it looks like , this will be the next project,, Andy do you have pics of it? would love to see it on a Parker!!

I have one too, it has always worked great - never any problems. If you do a search I think I have posted photos of mine.

I have one. Used it for the first time last week. I like it.
Don't buy the small one. I bought the next to the largest one. I tried to put 300' of Mega Brait and 30' of 5/16 chain.
I ended up having to pull off about 50' of rope and I changed the 5/16 to 1/4 chain. There was too much and it would end up getting wedged.
If I replace the rode I will go with 3/8 rode and 1/4 chain.

Peter

Attachments

• anchorpullerforwardview.jpg
    anchorpullerforwardview.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 517
Thank you all for your response and photos, i think the #10 is the model that will work best for me, sounds like everyone is happy with it, i watched the vidio from the co. very nice,,this puller along with the "anchor saver" that Andy showed me is the way to go,,

I have had mine since boat was purchased new in 05. I love it and would put it on any and every boat i own. mine is a #12 and i anchor in 5 ft to 130ft. when you miss the anchor spot and have to re-anchor is when i love it the most.
charlie
[email protected]
e-mail me and i will send you a pic, i just havent figured out how to attach

You need to use a flat roller on your pulpit, to begin with. That helps.
You also need to put it as far back as you can. It will spread out pretty well on its own.
However, if you intend to put a lot of line on the unit and chain you need to double check the size of the unit and the rope/chain size.
In California we typically try to use one foot of chain per foot of boat (at least).
I initially had 300' of 1/2 mega-plait and 30' of 5/15 chain. It didn't fit.
I peeled off at least 40' of rope and changed to 1/4 of chain. It is still tight and can get jammed up.
Someday I will swap the 1/2 for 3/8 and I should be okay. Anchoring in 180' with only 270 feet of rode isn't a good idea if it's at all bumpy.
Luckily we typically don't anchor in anything deeper than about 135.

p

Back