Easy battery wiring question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Speeder

Reaction score
Hello fellas... just peeled off my shrink wrap and dropped my battery back in the boat. I hooked everything up same way I had it before disconnecting. No problems there.

My question is, what does this smaller wire go too, the bilge? It is circled in red in the pic. It is only connected to the positive terminal.

The actual pic here is not my boat. Grabbed it off the Parker website. I couldn’t really stick my head in my bilge and trace the wire.

Attachments

• A38A598B-0A57-4ACF-8BF9-99E94B8B1A75.jpeg
    A38A598B-0A57-4ACF-8BF9-99E94B8B1A75.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 241
To be honest, it started raining while I was out there... and my bilge area is small and my head is gigantic. I assumed it would be an easy question to get an answer to.

Most likely your bilge pump . Inside that squarish black thingy is a fuse.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nope, no charger and just a single battery on the 1801. The boat is as it left the factory. I do have a 3 way switch (1, 2, Off) though.

That is a fuse holder. It is Hot all the time.....It's supposed to be. Even with the Master Switch's OFF.

What it does is supply power to one side of the bilge pump float switch.

If the boat is tied up at the dock and left overnight....with the Master Switches OFF. There is power to the float switch and if the boat takes on water....the float switch rises and turns ON the bilge pump to dewater the hull.

Brent":2fbn8izi said:
No problem

I just traced every wire and removed a boatload of orphan wires and misc items for my 25 year old boat. Do you a battery charger?
This statement has got me thinking... my boat came with one battery, but I do have the 3 way master switch. The battery was hooked up with 2 red wires and the bilge on the positive terminal, and then and 2 black wires on the negative terminal. Why would there be two reds and two blacks? I cannot imagine they would have wired the boat for two battery's from the factory, would they?

After seeing 25 yrs of poor wiring of the addons- wrong color, wrong size wire, too many splices , I am in progress of tracing every wire
Started in bilge and removed both batteries and installed Attwood trays

I can say remove batteries, open switch, install negative bus bar, etc , trace items remove anything not being used.

On my boat I have not seen anything wrong with factory harness except it looks like it fits various boats and configs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mr. Speeder":1ek8ublb said:
Hello fellas... just peeled off my shrink wrap and dropped my battery back in the boat. I hooked everything up same way I had it before disconnecting. No problems there.

My question is, what does this smaller wire go too, the bilge? It is circled in red in the pic. It is only connected to the positive terminal.

The actual pic here is not my boat. Grabbed it off the Parker website. I couldn’t really stick my head in my bilge and trace the wire.
I have the same on my 2120. Its for the float switch for bilge pump. At least on mine it is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back