electronics advise needed

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hurricane

Reaction score
From researching several sites it appears that the choice of most boaters is garmin gps, furuno ff and radar. How do I integrate these systems without spending a lot of money on extra equipment. Are they compatible? Also would it be best not to flush mount so I can remove in winter and easily replace if damaged? My concern is if I need replacement in five years will the dimensions of the new unit fit the hole in my console?

Both Garmin and Furuno are 'network-able', but not with each other. Marine electronics companies all seem to like their own proprietary protocols when it comes to their networks.

On the other hand, electronics of different brands can exchange data with each other using NMEA, so there is some level of interoperability there. It all depends on what level of integration you want.

I have used radar overlay on a chart plotter and I've used separates... I prefer separates, but everyone has their own preferences.

If you flush mount an item, and later want to replace it with a device of a different size, consider using a removable panel.

Some people mount their flush mount electronics in an anodized aluminum or starboard panel. That way, if you ever want to make a change, just get another blank panel and cut it out for your new gear.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back