electronics and storage

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkerman

Reaction score
In previous years I have removed my GPS and VHF prior to covering the boat for the winter. This year I flush mounted my GPS which makes it a bit less removable. At least removing it would take more than disconnecting the quick connect cable and removing the unit. What do you all do? Unfortunately I have to start thinking of this now as summer is ending and soccer season is beginning for the kids. :cry:

For years I have left my Lowrance LCX104c installed all winter. I do not shrink wrap my boat and take it out during a nice winter day for just a casual cruise. I have not had any problem with my GPS except had to replace the antenna(GPS Module) but I understand Lowrance have problems with that particular part. Besides the GPS Module is fastened to the roof via 5200 and I don't want to remove it. I don't think you will have any problems leaving the unit in the boat.

My Garmin 2010 is flush mounted and my Furuno FCV600L is bracketed.
Both stay on the boat all winter along with the Icom VHF. Never an issue with any of them.

Latest posts

Back