Electronics Photos Please

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggylink

Reaction score
Can you all post some photos of your helm with the electronics installed ? I curious on install locations for pilothouse models. Thanks 8)

Here's two quick photos, from a '96 2530.

One has original Apelco sounder/plotter black and white on left, then an '05 Navman chartplotter in the middle with fuel monitor, and an '05 Raymarine sounder mounted up on the right top of the cabin front.

Other photo shows instrument panel. Has a Uniden digital depth sounder and on the lower right just off the screen beyond the steering wheel is the factory Standard Horizon VHF radio mount (in white).

Dana

Attachments

• DSC02382 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02382 (Medium).JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 5,052
  • DSC02407 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02407 (Medium).JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 5,052
Here's a 2000 2520MVSC with Raymarine SL70 mid-dash, Furuno FCV-600L to the left of the compass, and my Multifunction Laptop system top of the dash.

helm.jpg

helm1.jpg

The Laptop uses Garmin BlueCharts and a USB GPS Receiver as a Chartplotter

chartplotter.jpg

I pick up local Doppler Weather Radar using a Broadband Aircard

doppler.jpg

And of course, never very far from ClassicParker.com and email.

cponline.jpg

As divers, we are always on the lookout for "interesting" new bottom to explore.
I just picked up last year's model Humminbird 947C 3D deeply discounted. I
thought the six-transducer beam would give me some neat perspective of the
bottom, without spending crazy money on a Side-scan unit. Its a combo chartplotter
unit and I also bought the Navionics Gold to backup my Garmin Bluecharts on the laptop.
I think I'll mount it "heads-up" covering the wiper motor.

It's my first Humminbird unit, but they seemed to have their act together and lots of
experience with the multiple-transducer arrays. We'll see.

947Cdisplay.jpg

John

Dang! How could anyone follow that presentation! :shock:
Love the laptop!

Here is my more mundane setup. :)

Chartplotter is a Garmin 2010 with 'Large' Chesapeake Bay Bluechart chip and a second Bathymetric chip.
Sounder is a Furuno FCV600L connected to an Airmar "tilted element" through-hull transducer.
VHF is an Icom 502a connected to an 8' Digital antenna.
Handheld is a Uniden Voyager.
Fuel management is a Navman 2100.

Image-0EC282D7F14A11D8.jpg

Here is a shot of my dash. In 1998 when we rigged the boat, NavPods were not yet around so we used Johnny Ray swivel mounts. Last summer when I replaced my GPS with the C-80, I did not have to drill any new holes/ I just had to mount the new unit base on the Johnny Ray.

Attachments

• Nana C-80 001 (Small).jpg
    Nana C-80 001 (Small).jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 5,027
  • Nana C-80 002 (Small).jpg
    Nana C-80 002 (Small).jpg
    45 KB · Views: 5,027
So should I assume the roof liner is easily removed for wire runs ? And are there mounting points, or is the roof thick enough to screw into ?

MORE PHOTOS :?:

Oakeedoakee here are some more photos. I am not familiar with all the Parker models, but here is how wires were run and roof equipment mounted in my new 2007 2120 SC. I will try to load 6 photos.

1. View of roof with my equipment installed. The nuts on the bottom of the bolts for the radar mount were installed from the access hole in the cabin. The GPS antenna and hailer were simply screwed in place from the roof. The wiring runs aft then to starboard corner of the cabin from the radar and search/flood light. The radar factory supplied wire harness just barely made it all the way to the C-70 on the console.

2. View of roof new boat. Note the raised portions in the shape of a "T" with the bottom of the "T" pointing forward on the roof. Under the raised "T" is hollow to run wires.

3. The inside roof light and plastic panel holding it remove easily. I put spade fittings on the dome light. I did have to make the roof access hole above the dome light a bit bigger to get all the nuts on the radar mount.

4. The round aft cabin roof access cover removes to expose a hole that let me fish and feed the wires over to the aft starboard roof corner.

5. The aft cabin corner plastic cover easily removes so to let wires run down this starboard corner. I mounted one of my stereo speakers at the bottom of this strip and the other speaker is on the bottom of the port plastic strip.

6. My console layout. The Icom radio just under the starboard window and the mike is mounted above it in the corner between the windows. I ended up without exposed wires and no vision blockage anywhere.

Attachments

• 100_0656 (Small).JPG
    100_0656 (Small).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 4,926
  • Stb. speaker (Small).JPG
    Stb. speaker (Small).JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 4,926
  • Cabin looking aft, ceiling access (Small).JPG
    Cabin looking aft, ceiling access (Small).JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 4,926
  • Inside light & panel (Small).JPG
    Inside light & panel (Small).JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 4,927
  • Parker roof (Small).JPG
    Parker roof (Small).JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 4,927
  • bow view of roof (Small).JPG
    bow view of roof (Small).JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 4,927
greatcir - Nicely Detailed Post, thanks. What strikes me is that someone in the Parker factory was indeed listening to us end users somewhere along the line when they engineered all those neat new access points into corners and the overhead. 8)

Your wire pathway choices are certainly different in your 2007 than they are in my 2000. :lol:

My 2000 PH overhead is cored to the same thickness as my deck and just as solid. How did they put the "wiring raceway" up on the roof? Is it a "bubble" on top of the core, or integrated between two halves of a core? Is the overhead still solid enough to stand up on?

Here's the setup on my 2520XL

Attachments

• IMG_0199 (Small).JPG
    IMG_0199 (Small).JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 4,838
  • Cimg0572 (Small).jpg
    Cimg0572 (Small).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 4,838
The other day I was down talking to the rigger about my electronics placement.He knocked on the Tee an said it's hollow in there,I'm going to install the antenna bracket right in front of it.After seeing these photo's I'm going to ask him if he's going to use the raceway on the top of the 2120. :?

cbigma":2dfztdtm said:
Is the overhead still solid enough to stand up on?

While attending the AC boat show I questioned Parker's rep with the same concern. The answer, "the roof structure will not support the same weight as earlier models".

Here is a photo of the cut outs on my 2007 2120 SC (including one from the roof) and a port pop-up Accon cleat photo.

The top cut out piece is the console cut out for the RayMarine C-70. On edge on it are the console cut outs for my stereo and searchlight switch. You can see the glass on both sides of the marine plywood. Stout.

Under it are the two cut outs for my Accon pop-up cleats mounted aft port & starboard (photo show the port one) on the gunwales. Who wants to bend over to tie a line? Lots and lots of top glass.

Bottom round piece is from the roof inside the cabin under the raised "T" on my roof where the wire runs and access holes are located. Not as much glass as the console or gunwales, but I would not worry about roof strength as the "T" also acts as a beam in some respects because my round cut out is only the bottom side of the "T" so after the wire run opening there is another layer above on the top side of the roof "T". You can see the fuzz from the roof fabric at the bottom of this circular cut out.

I have no desire to stand on the roof since I can reach everything around it, but if I did I seriously doubt it would be a problem.

The round cut out made it easy to pull my VHF antenna wire to the starboard side and to pull my port speaker wire. Plus any other wiring in the future will be easy. Made as much fiberglass mess as possible one time.

The only place I might like some more fiberglass beef would be on the Alaskan bulkhead that holds the door. The bulkhead shakes some above 30 MPH and it needs through bolts to mount things on it.

Pete

Attachments

• Pop up Cleat Port (Small).JPG
    Pop up Cleat Port (Small).JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 4,816
  • Cut outs (Small).JPG
    Cut outs (Small).JPG
    41 KB · Views: 4,816
Here is a shot of the helm as I returned from a recent, unsuccessful White Seabass expedition. Notice that from this angle, you can't see my tail tucked between my legs.

Attachments

• DSC_0042.jpg
    DSC_0042.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 4,763
& mine

Attachments

• boats 014 (Custom).jpg
    boats 014 (Custom).jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 4,700
Here are the electronics on our 1998 2530. We have an Icom 502 VHF with a Command Mike mounted on the back of the wheelhouse which is a great addition.

Attachments

• BlueSky Electronics.jpg
    BlueSky Electronics.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 4,621
Here's a view of the door in the closed position.

Dana

Attachments

• DSC02416 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02416 (Medium).JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 4,584
Back