electronics Q

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeD

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with the Standard Horizon CPV 350? Its a combo radio/GPS chartplotter, that also comes with an optional fish finder unit. I have the option of substituting this for the lowrance units that came with my boat. Its a new product, and I can't find a review anywhere. Just thought I'd try to get some input before I make a decision.

Thanks

I think this unit is too new. Can anyone recommend a color FF in the $500 range?

Mike,

Jim Maier at BOE Marine has one of those SH radio/GPS/FF all-in-ones on display in his showroom. It's hooked up and listening to traffic on Ch 16 right now. Give Jim a call and ask him what he thinks of it.

While you are at it, ask about fishfinders in that price range and see if he has any specials running. He always seems to have specials...

BOE Marine
326 First Street, Suite 14
Annapolis, MD 21403
866-735-5926

BTW - Tell Jim that I sent you from ClassicParker.

I had a Garmin 320c on my other boat,but it was flush mounted so I can't take it with me.I saw the Garmin 340C at the AC show,it didn't seem as nice as the 320 was,but you could have picked it up at the show for 400 with athe dual transom mount ducer.I'm going to go with the Furuno 620.From what i saw at the show,this unit had a crisp display.It is a digital machine but it cost over 700 with a transducer.
One tip I can give you is this.Buy what you really want now,even if it's a few extra bucks because you won't be satisfied settling something else,and then you'll wind up changing it in a couple years and it will cost you more $$$ in the long run.

Back