Electronics Recomendations?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skorcher

Reaction score
I am going to get new Electronics this year and am looking for suggestions. In the most recent past I have used combo units. Lowrance LCX16mt then I went to a garmin 498. This time I am considering two separate fishfinder / gps units.

What are your opinions of combo vs. separate units?

I stay in the bay so I am always in shallow water.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

I have a combo unit currently and am debating this very thing again. At first I missed having some of the fishfinder features while viewing the chart at the same time. However, I have grown to love the larger full chart screen when running. I currently run a garmin 3010c and will probably go with the 4210 if I sell my boat and get a Judge. If there is room on the dash to look clean and nice I may go with the Garmin 4208 plotter and Furuno 620 fishfinder. Either way I will not sacrafice having a nice big plotter screen.

Skorcher":19rmv1qy said:
What are your opinions of combo vs. separate units?
I stay in the bay so I am always in shallow water.

I prefer separates for some of the reasons that Greg states.
Having that large plotter screen along with the additional data is a bonus for me.

Image-0B01799959B911DC.jpg

Dedicating a bottom machine to watching constantly changing depth is a must in the areas where I fish.
The sounder is also up top where I can keep an eye on it.

Image-0B0288F859B911DC.jpg

A lot will depend on if you have the room on your helm for separates, and if placement will be in the correct sightline for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

Should of mentioned Im on a budget - hopefully under 1500.00 for both gps and sonar.

Also - It is a center console so room is somewhat limited..

Appreciate the responses!

I have the Furuno 620.I really like this unit.if you go to seperate units check it out. :wink:

I'm in the process of having my boat rigged with a Garmin 4208 Plotter/sonar combo, Icom radio and a Jensen stereo system. Whatever you do, give Jim a call at BOE Marine. Best prices and great service!!!

I am very very happy with my C-80. The digital fishfinder is incredible, and the radar works great, and the chart overlay is great.

Latest posts

Back